Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Morning Person or Night Owl

Last post Sat, Jan 17 2009 2:37 AM by Mimi. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 15 2009 6:11 PM

• Toni B.
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 4 2008
    • Seneca Falls NY
    • Posts 3,826

Morning Person or Night Owl

What time of day are you the most functional? Do you maintain a routine? If you do shift work, how do you handle it? How are you if you wake up too soon? Is your family in sync?
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Stages of Life
  • Thu, Jan 15 2009 6:48 PM In reply to

• swedluv
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 8 2008
    • North Carolina
    • Posts 1,713

Re: Morning Person or Night Owl

Once i have a lil coffee, I think I am a morning person. I have gotten used to being at work early (6am) and waiting on my breakfast crowd....I usually start to be alil tired around 2 until i get my second wind if one is drifting in my direction that day lol. I do have a pretty consistent routine tho.

Lynn

• Thu, Jan 15 2009 6:54 PM In reply to

Morning person.  I've never been a late sleeper, although I can stay up if I need/want to, as long as I make up the missed sleep the next night.
  • Thu, Jan 15 2009 7:04 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

I am a morning person .. I am up about 4:00 usually ... alot of time I just cant sleep ..  I like the early morning one of the rare times  our house is silent .                           

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Thu, Jan 15 2009 8:35 PM In reply to

I'm a total night owl, but if I'm not up by 9:00 a.m. on weekends/day's off I wake up in a bad mood because I feel my day is wasted lol.

• Thu, Jan 15 2009 8:49 PM In reply to

• Edey
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 10 2007
    • Los Angeles County, CA
    • Posts 3,869

Very much a morning person. Never liked afternoons or night time. Edey

Edey's Vintage and Current Needlework Blog

Life is like a quilt - it is made beautiful from all the little pieces stitched together.

Use a HandCranked tool, it doesn't need to be plugged in or charged up!

Treadle sewing machines. Get a workout and save electricity all at the same time. Plus it can go anywhere, even outdoors!

READ THE ARCHIVES! It'll do you good.
  • Thu, Jan 15 2009 9:43 PM In reply to

Morning Person---I'm up past my bedtime right now! I get up at 6 a.m. every day. I have a routine for weekdays and another for weekends. I'm good to go until around noon and then I start to slow down. On Sundays I can get a 2 hour nap since DD still takes naps. During her Saturday nap I'm usually resting on the couch after running around all morning cleaning house. By 9 p.m. I'm ready to fall over and go to bed when DD is put to bed. DH, on the other hand, is a night owl. He likes to stay up until midnight or 1 a.m. but hates to get out of bed in the morning. He can sleep until 9:30 a.m. on Saturdays. He gets up at 8:15 a.m. on Sundays. He has to get up at 6:20 a.m. on weekdays and it about kills him! DD is three years old and I see that she's more like her daddy because she likes to stay up late. I usually put her to bed around 9 p.m. since she gets a two hour nap during the day. Sometimes she'll lay there for a couple hours just rolling around because she's not ready to go to sleep! I wake her up at 7 a.m. during the week, 8 a.m. on Sundays, and whenever on Saturdays, depending on what's on the agenda for the day. She needs time to stretch out, then she'll come upstairs and lay around for a few minutes before she's ready to get going. Some Saturdays I don't know how long she's been awake when I go to get her up. She'll be laying there looking around and I can tell she's been awake a while. She won't yell to us that she's awake and wants to get up and she won't get out of the bed until you tell her it's time to wake up!! At least she's not grouchy when she wakes up. DH is!
  • Thu, Jan 15 2009 10:08 PM In reply to

• dixie1596
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, May 6 2007
    • north carolina
    • Posts 946

nightowl!! give me a pot of maxwell house dark roast and i will stay awake all night! i love the quite!!

The Will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not Protect
    you.

i am old enough to know better but... still too young to care!

• Fri, Jan 16 2009 8:53 AM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

I am a morning person and so are all the people still living in the same home as me. Our night owl moved out already.

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• Fri, Jan 16 2009 9:07 AM In reply to

I am a morning person but dh is a night owl.  I am usually in bed no later than 11.00 and he usually stays up until the wee morning hours on his days off but he works night so that probably has something to do with it.

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us