Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

How to move start sidebar to bottom of the page?

Last post 01-17-2009 12:29 AM by seaturtle. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (11 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-11-2009 7:55 PM

How to move start sidebar to bottom of the page?

Somehow (I have no idea how) my Start button and the icons have moved to the left side of the page. I want them at the bottom. I have tried to grab it and drag it down, but it will only move sideways to the middle of the page.

Can someone help me out? Thank you,

Seaturtle

• 01-11-2009 9:31 PM In reply to

Re: How to move start sidebar to bottom of the page?

Go to the bar, click on and hold with left button and drag mouse cursor to bottom, sidebar should follow.  If it doesn't on first try,keep trying it will follow.

Mike (babs husband) 

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • 01-12-2009 1:20 AM In reply to

Thank you. But that's what I have been doing - grabbing the rh edge of the bar witht he double arrow, dragging it down. No dice. Should I be clicking just inside the bar instead of with the double arrow?

I will keep trying, but have been doing it on and off for a few hours now. It's probably something obvious that I am not doing. Or is it just difficult to do?

Seaturtle

• 01-12-2009 10:14 AM In reply to

seaturtle:
    Or is it just difficult to do?

Its just difficult to do.  Its much easier to accidentally move it to the side of the screen than to move it back to the bottom.  Click, hold & drag until it goes to the bottom. It may enlarge, but its easy enough to resize (just click and drag back down to the size you want it).

• 01-13-2009 1:12 AM In reply to

Thanks, I will keep on trying. I am grabbing it with the double arrow on the rh border - i that right, or should I just be clicking anywhere on it (except an icon)?

I'll get it there some day. I wonder why they didn't make this easier to do - it's such a simple thing.

Seaturtle

• 01-13-2009 8:35 AM In reply to

Right-click on the bar and make sure that "Lock the Taskbar" is unchecked before you start clicking and dragging.  Once you get it back to the bottom, do the same, but check "Lock the Taskbar." 

seaturtle:
    I wonder why they didn't make this easier to do - it's such a simple thing

That's Windows for you.  It wouldn't be Microsoft if they didn't make the simplest thing massively difficult and fubar. 

• 01-16-2009 12:19 AM In reply to

Thanks, I have no idea idea where to find the screen adjustment, but sometimes I click in the right place on the top right and can get full screen.

I did it!!! Got the bar down back to the bottom! I had been grabbing the RH side of the bar, and went over to the LH side. It worked! It's at the bottom, still looking a little strange, but at least it's down there.

Looks like I could benefit from some basic computer skills classes! I will look for those adjustment places.

I wonder if anyone has used a book to help figure out these basic computer functions?

Any suggestions?

Seaturtle

• 01-16-2009 6:40 AM In reply to

Seaturtle, I know over here , the Senior Center does some basic computer skills classes. My friend took them. They were free. You might ask around. Babs

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
Page 1 of 2 (11 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us