Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Whipped Butter and Flavored variations

Last post Fri, Jan 2 2009 11:34 AM by Pat. 10 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (11 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 31 2008 2:02 PM

• Edey
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 10 2007
    • Los Angeles County, CA
    • Posts 3,869

Whipped Butter and Flavored variations

From Pillsbury's Best Muffins and Quick Breads:

Whipped Butter

1/2 cup butter, softened

2 tbs. milk or cream

In small bowl, combine butter and milk; beat at high speed until light and fluffy

Variations:

Apricot Butter - omit milk, gradually add 1/4 cup apricot preserves beating until light and fluffy

Honey Butter - Omit milk; gradually add 1/4 cup honey, beating until light and fluffy.

Maple Butter - Substitute maple-flavored syrup for milk.

Marmalade butter - Omit milk; gradually add 1/4 cup orange marmalade, beating until light and fluffy.

Orange butter - substitute orange juice for milk; add 1 tbs. grate orange peel.

Raspberry Butter: Omit milk, gradually add 1/4 cup seedless raspberry jam, beating until light and fluffy

Edey

Edey's Vintage and Current Needlework Blog

Life is like a quilt - it is made beautiful from all the little pieces stitched together.

Use a HandCranked tool, it doesn't need to be plugged in or charged up!

Treadle sewing machines. Get a workout and save electricity all at the same time. Plus it can go anywhere, even outdoors!

READ THE ARCHIVES! It'll do you good.
  • Wed, Dec 31 2008 3:56 PM In reply to

• dlw
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 23 2007
    • Posts 463

Re: Whipped Butter and Flavored variations

Wow real yummy post.

DL

• Wed, Dec 31 2008 8:28 PM In reply to

My favorite is stawberry butter.  I make it by substituting stawberry preserves for the apricot in the list of variations you just provided. One of the expensive restaurants nearby serves strawberry butter with their fresh breads as an appetizer. My friends freaked when I served it at home.  They said mine was as good as the restaurant's version. 
  • Wed, Dec 31 2008 8:36 PM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Sep 24 2007
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

bread spreads

these butters will keep for up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator or for 1 month in the freezer .  to make any of hte following recipes, with 1/2 cup softened butter

tomato-pepper :stir in 1/4 cup finely snipped dried tomatoes ( oil pack) and 1/2 teaspoon cracked pepper

roasted red pepper butter :with mixer beat in 1/4 cup chopped, canned, roasted sweet red peppers or pimieno  and 1 or 2 cloves of garlic minced ..  stir again before serving .

sesame butter :stir in 4 teaspoons toasted sesame seed.

Lemon butter :Stir in 1/2 teaspoons finely lemon peel and 2 teaspoons lemon juices .

mustard- sage butter: stir in 2 tablse snipped . fresh sage. or 1/2 teaspoon dried sage and 2 to 4 teaspoon DIjon style or prepard mustard

Parmesan butter: stir in 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese and 1 teaspoon snipped, fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil , crushed .

Citrus butter : stir in 1 teaspoon powdered sugar and 1/2 teaspoon finely shredded orange or lemon peel .

breakfast butter: Stir in 2 tablespoons honey or maple- flavored syrup .

cinnamon butter : Stir in 1 teaspoon Powdered sugar and 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon.  

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Purpose is what gives life a meaning
  • Wed, Dec 31 2008 8:55 PM In reply to

• Hofmama
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Sun, Aug 10 2008
    • Kentucky
    • Posts 590

Yum. This has got to be the best post ever, Edey. Now I want to bake so that I have stuff to put all those delicious butters on.

• Wed, Dec 31 2008 9:51 PM In reply to

• Pat
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 6 2007
    • Colorado
    • Posts 14,463

Some of these look really good. What do you use them on? Like the mustard-sage butter and the tomato-pepper?

Community Facilitator

Printable Coupons!

Smartsource and MySavings
  • Thu, Jan 1 2009 5:31 PM In reply to

my favorite whipped butter recipe is Smoked Honey Butter, 

1/2 cup of butter, 1/4 cup of honey and 1 tsp of liquid smoke.

Pat:
    What do you use them on?

I'm a butter lover, so I eat butters on everythig. The tomato-pepper butter was very good on a slice of pork roast. I'd say pick wich ever butter would go well with the meal your having and give it a try on what ever veggie, meat or bread you like. In my house it is not an uncommon thing to have a bowl of buttered rice, noodles or beans as a snack or a side dish.

cyn

• Fri, Jan 2 2009 1:05 AM In reply to

• Pat
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 6 2007
    • Colorado
    • Posts 14,463

goldenblaise:
    The tomato-pepper butter was very good on a slice of pork roast. I'd say pick wich ever butter would go well with the meal your having and give it a try on what ever veggie, meat or bread you like.

Thanks! I'm trying to figure out how to use sage butter with chicken. Wink 

Community Facilitator

Printable Coupons!

Smartsource and MySavings
  • Fri, Jan 2 2009 11:18 AM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

mustard sage my Family use with chicken and pork  

tomato pepper - is a favorite for sandwhiches here

Gayla

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Fri, Jan 2 2009 11:22 AM In reply to

• gayla50
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Western North Carolina
    • Posts 8,491

Pat I bake chicken I use either the sage mustard or the Lemon butter it incrediable chicken ..

my Sil uses them she melts and injects the butter ... and she uses alot of them in pasta.

Gayla

Page 1 of 2 (11 items) 1 2 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us