Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

$1-$3 Stocking Stuffer Ideas?

Last post Tue, Dec 23 2008 12:14 PM by Diira. 29 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (30 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Dec 10 2008 11:05 PM

• Mimi
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, May 4 2008
    • Posts 993

$1-$3 Stocking Stuffer Ideas?

I did a search for stocking stuffers and didn't see this covered. In my family we all get stocking stuffers for each other with a $5 limit.  (You can get one $5 or 5 $1, etc.)  In the past, I've found great Christmas CDs and DVDs at Dollar Tree, nice ornaments, etc.  This year I've had no such luck.  I do have cute little canisters that I'm going to fill with homemade candy which should take up about $2 of the $5.  Any other ideas?

"...for the happy heart, life is a continual feast. Better to have little, with fear for the Lord, than to have great treasure and inner turmoil." Proverbs 15:15b-16 NLT

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.--Winston Churchill
  • Thu, Dec 11 2008 1:16 AM In reply to

Re: $1-$3 Stocking Stuffer Ideas?

I usually get a pair of men's dress socks at the $1 store for Dh's stocking (socks in a stocking, LOL). 

How about little soaps? Pencils, pens?  Those magnetic grocery list pads?

www.dodgeandweave.blogspot.com
  • Thu, Dec 11 2008 1:37 AM In reply to

• Mimi
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Posts 993

Thank you LWolfT!  Those are good ideas!

"...for the happy heart, life is a continual feast. Better to have little, with fear for the Lord, than to have great treasure and inner turmoil." Proverbs 15:15b-16 NLT

The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.--Winston Churchill
  • Thu, Dec 11 2008 5:46 AM In reply to

Yay for dollar stores!  How about a picture frame -- either you can add a picture printed from home or, if they are teens, they can add a picture of them with their friends.  Or, heck, a whole photo album!  Ponytail holders for girls with longer hair.  Stuffed animals, coloring books, crayons, etc. for children.  Chocolate bars (I got some rather large ones for only $1 each at Kroger's not too long ago).  Cutesy socks, you know with the pictures on them.  DD and I both love those.  For anyone who makes their own cards or scrapbooks, there are often basic art supplies at dollar stores (glue, stickers, embellishments, etc.).  Small journal and pen.  Nail polish or very basic manicure set for both men and women.  Fragrence free lotion; I keep some at work and the guys are so thankful!  LOL

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in the General forum
  • Thu, Dec 11 2008 8:50 AM In reply to

DB always puts chapstick in my stocking, normally 2 - 3 tubes. Enough to last me until the next Christmas. Wink  I saw Walmart had a set of two pair of matching gloves for $1.50 (I got myself a set LOL).  You can never have too many gloves, imho!

What about buying a larger bag of candy and splitting it up among the stockings?  Walgreens has things like hershey kisses on sale for $2.50.

For children - stickers, coloring pages you've printed offline, dominoes, playing cards, homemade playdough or goop.

• Thu, Dec 11 2008 9:19 AM In reply to

I second the chapstick idea. My m-i-l puts 2-3 tubes in each sock and it's a great thing. She also stocks us up on tape for next Christmas and purse-packs of tissue. For kiddos, I find lots of stickers at the dollar stores. My boys love stickers. I have also bought a pack of washable markers and divided them up between my kids and the nephews' stockings along with a note pad. I also found holiday tea towels and hot pads at the dollar store. For my dad and DH, I gave nail clippers and a file (from the dollar store) and a small bottle of non-scented lotion. I also found little keychains with the LED light and gave those to everyone.

This year, I have some scented lotion and a tiny candle for my mom along with a towel with an embroidered "B" (her first and last name start with B). I need to find a couple more things for my dad. DH is getting a DVD I found on clearance and 3 samples of cologne I got at Von Maur. The boys have 2 matchbox cars and stickers and some candy. In case Santa forgets me, I also have some perfume samples from Von Maur and some nail polish. Just in case Santa forgets...lol.

Most of my finds were from Dollar Tree or Walgreen's dollar section or some even from Target's dollar section. Or my free samples from the perfume/cologne counter at Von Maur.

Erika
  • Thu, Dec 11 2008 10:09 AM In reply to

If you have people that like to journal Walgreens carries some small journals for l.00 maybe add a pretty pen.  The lst of this year I got my niece one of those because she likes to journal she has since moved 3 states away but I am still thinking about getting her 2 this year because she made a new close friend in her new town so I thought they may like to journal together she is l4

• Thu, Dec 11 2008 10:23 AM In reply to

• happy
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Jul 29 2007
    • Posts 134

My best find at the dollarama this year is a cell phone holder that you can suction to the dash or clip to the vents, it adjusts to fit all cell phones.

Trying to locate a ringing cell phone in your purse while driving is dangerous and this can be used hands free. 

• Thu, Dec 11 2008 10:54 AM In reply to

The biggest single hit for a stocking stuffer I've ever had given away was the paper glasses that make Christmas lights turn into shapes like snowflakes, Santa's face, snowmen. They run between $1-$2. I've seen them in big box bookstores and some places like Cracker Barrel. They are lots of fun, and nothing says "Kodak moment" like a bunch of grown people running around in goofy glasses in our wacko homemade paper hats, all tilting our heads back and forth to make the shapes "dance" and saying "Wow, how pretty!"Angel

~~~~

Take care of the sense, and the sounds will take care of themselves.
    ~ Lewis Carroll

• Thu, Dec 11 2008 11:58 AM In reply to

• Mimi
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Posts 993

Thank you for all of the great ideas everyone!  What a nice combination of useful and fun suggestions! Smile

Page 1 of 3 (30 items) 1 2 3 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us