Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Food blessings came our way!!!

Last post 12-07-2008 5:37 PM by andreac. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-07-2008 4:12 PM

Food blessings came our way!!!

The lady that babysits my daughter gave us two packs (probably about 4lbs total) of ground meat (they butchered their cows a while back and had a freezer that was over flowing). I took it out the freezer today and cooked it down... then I added it to the crockpot with other ingredients (including some carrots that needed to be cooked, which I pureed and snuck in) for a spaghetti sauce to put up in the freezer.

Satsumas (which are like mandarin organges) have been given to us by several different people. The past couple of weeks DD and I have had them each day to go with our breakfast or for snacks.

Last week, our neighbor gave us a quart size bag of shrimp and a big bag of rabbit meat. I put the shrimp in the freezer, to be used later for a shrimp and corn soup (another favorite "freezer meal" of mine). The rabbit meat will be taken out of the freezer mid-week, defrosted and soaked in milk. Then I will wrap it in bacon, season it and cook it on the smoker this weekend. Yum!

Boy, we sure have had some food blessings lately! LOL. I just thought I would share....

Have a blessed day,

Julie

• 12-07-2008 4:22 PM In reply to

Re: Food blessings came our way!!!

Glad to hear it!!! Those little bonuses in life help make all the effort you put into taking care of your family well worth it!!!!

Lynn

• 12-07-2008 4:45 PM In reply to

• Brandy
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-28-2007
    • Saving in South Mississippi
    • Posts 25,145

Not only are these great savings but they are also fresher that what is in many stores!

The Dollar Stretcher Community Manager

• 12-07-2008 5:37 PM In reply to

Those were truly blessings!  In the past, when I needed some money, it would come to me.  There were many times when I felt the angels were helping us out.  Thanks for sharing!

Andrea 

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us