Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Eggs from Aldi

Last post 11-24-2008 12:04 AM by Joyous. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (15 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-22-2008 8:49 AM

Eggs from Aldi

We bought our last dozen eggs from Aldi. I noticed they are much larger than the large "bird" eggs we get at our regular grocery store. Also, the yolks are much richer in color. I read the carton and see the reason why. The Aldi eggs are bought from local farmers and the hens are not given growth harmones. I know where we'll be buying our eggs from now on! Smile

• 11-22-2008 9:20 AM In reply to

Re: Eggs from Aldi

That's good to know...I'll have to check it out next time I go in for anything; which will probably be this coming week!! I'll be needing some eggs too, to do some baking for Thanksgiving!! Thanks for the heads up!! :o)

~*~Angie~*~

• 11-22-2008 10:40 AM In reply to

I'm envious. There isn't an Aldi in the Newport News area.

• 11-22-2008 10:48 PM In reply to

You're welcome Angie. I hope that's the case at all the Aldi stores.

VNW, sorry to hear that. We don't have one in our hometown either, but we're supposed to be getting one here. We shop Aldi in a neighboring town. We think it's worth our money to drive a little ways for the savings we find there. I'll be glad when ours is built here! Hopefully it'll be soon. All we've heard is talk so far.

• 11-22-2008 10:54 PM In reply to

Our ALDI has local eggs and milk. DH and I joke (no offense meant) that Jesus subsidizes our eggs and milk because this particular farm puts Christian scripture on their packaging...it's fantastic quality for a song ($.99/doz eggs and $1.99/gal milk), so it makes us happy :)

• 11-22-2008 11:05 PM In reply to

Hofmama:

Our ALDI has local eggs and milk. DH and I joke (no offense meant) that Jesus subsidizes our eggs and milk because this particular farm puts Christian scripture on their packaging...it's fantastic quality for a song ($.99/doz eggs and $1.99/gal milk), so it makes us happy :)

Wow! I think maybe we should move to your neck of the woods. $3.48 for a gallon of milk and $1.45 for the eggs. I think the eggs are worth the price, considering they are actually LARGE, as the package indicates. Wink

• 11-22-2008 11:25 PM In reply to

I think there is one around Richmond, but that's 75 miles from me. I'd spend the savings up on the gas I'd burn.

There are 2 Trader Joes in my area. One is in Newport News and the other one is in Williamsburg. Last night I located the one in Newport News. It is near the Red Lobster on the other side of the street.

• 11-23-2008 12:36 AM In reply to

VNW, We don't have a Trader Joes in our area. Is it like a general store or a grocery store?

• 11-23-2008 12:57 AM In reply to

It is a lot like Whole Foods, according to people I know. I have never been there. It specializes in organic foods and prepared ready to heat up foods plus cheap but good wine. If the potstickers are less expensive than the potsrtickers at Harris Teeter, I will start going there once a month.

There is a website. www.traderjoes.com

I have heard that you can spend a bundle there.

I shop mainly at Harris Teeter and my other store is Food Lion. I go to Farm Fresh sometimes. Unlike Sunshine, I don't go to Kroger. I like to use my store cards and I like to use coupons. I save at least $5 every week with a store card. I watch sales.Wink Because it's just me, I buy things like Savorings by Pillsbury, but if I had a family I wouldn't buy them. Does that make any sense? I will buy frozen appetizers and eat them for a meal instead of going out to a meal in town. My cleaning woman says that I keep a nice supply of foods in the fridge, pantry, and freezer. She worried about me (if I got sick & couldn't get out for food) until she "snooped" while she cleaned. She says that if I were feeling good, I could rival the local gourmet shop with what I could prepare to eat.

Richmond is getting a Whole Foods.

• 11-23-2008 9:10 AM In reply to

Being in an agricultural state, food at least tends to be cheaper; full price at the regular grocery a gallon of milk is $3.09 right now. I'm actually excited; we're clearing up our land for chickens and miniature goats, so this time next year we'll hopefully have our own organic eggs and milk!

Page 1 of 2 (15 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us