Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Do you Keep a Journal or Diary?

Last post Sat, Oct 11 2008 8:31 PM by Gigi. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Oct 11 2008 1:28 PM

• Toni B.
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Sat, Apr 5 2008
    • Seneca Falls NY
    • Posts 3,826

Do you Keep a Journal or Diary?

Do you or have you kept a journal or diary? Is it about a specific topic or area in your life or just daily activities?
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Stages of Life
  • Sat, Oct 11 2008 3:08 PM In reply to

• Kim_150
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Sun, Oct 5 2008
    • Green Bay, WI
    • Posts 525

Re: Do you Keep a Journal or Diary?

I keep a food journal as part of my weight loss program. It's a little notebook that fits into my purse- every day has a page, and I write down what I eat and when, and how many calories. On the bottom of every page I keep track of how much water I'm drinking. 

I also have a Livejournal blog... but sometimes there are a few months between entries! I'm not very good at keeping it up. There are just a few close friends who read it.

• Sat, Oct 11 2008 8:31 PM In reply to

• Gigi
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Wed, Mar 28 2007
    • Posts 1,065

Re: Do you Keep a Journal or Diary?

I carry a 4" x 6" sketchbook with me at all times, and complete detailed graphite drawings of the grandchildren from reference photos. I usually draw during sermons (45 minutes) to keep me focused. When I sign them--they take about two to three weeks, I put a Bible reference under my signature from the sermon I finished the drawing. 

I also take notes during the sermons, usually two to three pages, and keep the journals.

I write one page "letters" instead of cards. They are surprisingly well-received. I also pen--well, keyboard, an occasional one page update on what I have been up to lately to a small group of family/friends who almost always update me about their lives! It works. I keep a copy of these.

Occasionally, I write small vignettes about my childhood. I wouldn't call it a biography by any means. It will be incomplete and it is meant to be that way. 

Create! Repair! Reinvent! Reassess!
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us