Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

What questions will they ask at an in person food stamp interview?

Last post Wed, Oct 1 2008 9:51 PM by seaturtle. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 25 2008 9:06 PM

What questions will they ask at an in person food stamp interview?

My friend filled out her application and got a notice from DSS that she was to report to the office (no appointment needed) for an in person interview.  What questions will they ask her?  Thanks!

• Thu, Sep 25 2008 11:51 PM In reply to

Re: What questions will they ask at an in person food stamp interview?

She should bring proofs of everything she wrote down- mostly her and anyone else in the house's paystubs, any unemployment or pensions, proofs of assets, vehicles, rent or mortgage, utility bills, etc

They will take copies of all this and get back to her with a decision.  The more she thinks to bring, the less she'll have to copy at her cost and mail in!  

Tracy
    Beginning Debt Slayer

• Fri, Sep 26 2008 6:49 AM In reply to

• babs
    • Top 10 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Apr 2 2007
    • Vermont
    • Posts 10,988

Tracy, does she need birth certificates or SS cards to prove claim to being in the family? Babs

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • Fri, Sep 26 2008 8:56 AM In reply to

When I applied, perhaps it was 3 years ago, I had to bring in 2 proofs of identity -- (1) a passport or Social Security card, & (2) a driver's license or State I.D. card.  Yours in Him, Deb  (I assume that you would need a birth certificate for childrenwho don't have these proofs; it should be a certified-by-the-Staet birth certificate, not the one that the hospital gave you.  It's a good idea, as you know, to get an Social Security card for each child at birth.)

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• Fri, Sep 26 2008 5:59 PM In reply to

Yes- Birth certificates for everyone, driver's liscenses for adults.  My oldest doesn't have a liscense, I brought her passport.  

Tracy
    Beginning Debt Slayer

• Sat, Sep 27 2008 12:15 PM In reply to

dont forget the newest bank state ment

• Sat, Sep 27 2008 5:31 PM In reply to

Mortgage or lease, assets, home equity loans, car tab bill for cars to establish value of cars, utility bills, outstanding medical bills- the list goes on and on, I bring my whole filing folder I keep for taxes.  It's cheaper to overbring than to have to copy yourself- 

Tracy
    Beginning Debt Slayer

• Wed, Oct 1 2008 9:51 PM In reply to

Also take amount of out-of-pocket medical expenses you may have, and any transportation fees you have for children and health-care appointments.

I hope it goes through for you.

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us