Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

You know your a Stretcher when....

Last post Sat, Nov 8 2008 10:16 AM by onequarterdal. 37 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (38 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Sep 2 2008 3:07 PM

• digginout
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 30 2008
    • League City, TX
    • Posts 265

You know your a Stretcher when....

I thought this would be fun when last night my husband asked me if I would like his old socks for my sewing projects. At first I said "no" but then got to thinking about the ways I could use them and quickly dug them out of the waste basket.

So tell me: You know your a Stetcher when....

• Tue, Sep 2 2008 3:13 PM In reply to

• Pat
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Mar 6 2007
    • Colorado
    • Posts 14,463

Re: You know your a Stretcher when....

...someone gives you tshirts so you can make a rug with them and you decide you can wear them instead. 

Community Facilitator

Printable Coupons!

Smartsource and MySavings
  • Tue, Sep 2 2008 3:18 PM In reply to

• digginout
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Sun, Mar 30 2008
    • League City, TX
    • Posts 265

I've done that.

• Tue, Sep 2 2008 3:29 PM In reply to

You REALLY need to run your vehicle through the car wash, but it MIGHT rain later in the week so you just park in the driveway on that day and hope that it gets washed by the rain.

Shellia

When your outgo exceeds your income, your upkeep is your downfall. - Unknown
  • Wed, Sep 3 2008 11:33 AM In reply to

• Toni B.
    • Top 25 Contributor
    • Joined on Fri, Apr 4 2008
    • Seneca Falls NY
    • Posts 3,826

You know you're a Stretcher when you find an old closet door in someone's trash heap and you recycle it into a work table.
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Stages of Life
  • Wed, Sep 3 2008 11:37 AM In reply to

You save (freeze) all of your veggie scraps for soup, even though your aides who are doing the cutting think that you are certifiably crazy!  You save all sweet crumbs separate from bread crumbs, also in teh freezer.  Yours in Him, Deb

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• Wed, Sep 3 2008 5:33 PM In reply to

you know your a stretcher when you barter your cleaning skills to an elderly friend in trade for doing laundry (instead of having to pay 3.00 a load to wash and dry laundry) while cleaning her house --and great company too!!

• Thu, Sep 4 2008 8:47 AM In reply to

• kabin
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Mar 29 2007
    • Indiana
    • Posts 1,618

You know you're a stretcher when you crochet a poncho for your vet's daughter in exchange for payment on services for your dog, or perform animal care while your neighbor is away in exchange for farm fresh eggs or milk.

You know you're a stretcher when you use envelopes from one company to pay bills to another.

You know you're a stretcher when you save your poodle's shaved fur (for the nieghbor to spin) for some prespun wool yarn that you can now dye to a color you want. Yes, I've done this. LOL

• Sun, Sep 7 2008 10:48 PM In reply to

...you wrap up your kids' unfinished apples in saran wrap for muffins or apple crisp later that week.

...when your husband uses your old 100% cotton underwear as rags.

...when your husband uses the caps from Tropicana (or the like) juice cartons to hold his cleaning liquids for easier dipping with his Q-tips.

• Mon, Sep 8 2008 6:47 AM In reply to

. . .you drag the tops of your neighbors downed trees (insurance issue that is becoming cord wood) into your driveway so that you will have fresh poles for the vegetable gardens next year and dried leaves for your chickens' nesting boxes.

Page 1 of 4 (38 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us