Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Most Painful Surgery/Pain Info.

Last post 12-20-2009 11:35 PM by cheapChic. 47 replies.
Page 1 of 5 (48 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-15-2008 12:45 PM

Most Painful Surgery/Pain Info.

List all the most painful surgeries/treatments here please. This will be a good learning experience for all. Any articles on pain and pain management will also be appreciated. Here are two for starters:

1. Tonsils  removal
    2. Bone Marrow Transplant

and an article on Pain:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pain 

• 05-15-2008 1:36 PM In reply to

Re: Most Painful Surgery/Pain Info.

48 hours of induced labor, 32 of them unmedicated, only to wind up with a c-section. I had taken prenatal yoga and was all set in my mind for natural childbirth. In the end, medication was my only hope. It was a very difficult few days. 

SAHM to 2 toddlers and 2 cats! Happily married to my soul mate! How could life get any better!?!
  • 05-15-2008 2:02 PM In reply to

aloha_from_cali:

48 hours of induced labor, 32 of them unmedicated, only to wind up with a c-section. I had taken prenatal yoga and was all set in my mind for natural childbirth. In the end, medication was my only hope. It was a very difficult few days. 

God bless you! that's about all I can say....LOL

Personally, I didn't think having my tonsils removed was all that painful. I think it was more aggravating.

I do hear, though, that the bone marrow (being the donor) is very painful.

God bless,

Julie

• 05-15-2008 2:28 PM In reply to

• Walt34
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 12-17-2007
    • WV eastern panhandle
    • Posts 1,399

Okay, I will acknowledge right up front that I am given to understand that nothing holds a candle to childbirth.

That said, the worst for me was hernia surgery before it was done laproscopically. I was in bed for a week afterwards with the worst pain I've ever known. Had another on the other side a year later and it was as advertised, the next day I was definitely sore but I could walk around the block. When I asked the doc why the discrepancy he said it was a matter of which nerves were cut.

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Money Management
  • 05-15-2008 4:53 PM In reply to

• AmyC
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-24-2007
    • Posts 868

Mine would be the implants in my eyes.  I had lens implants "installed" (LOL)at 16 due to having cataracts removed when I was 5 years old.  I was out of it for days!  The bad thing is that I may need to have them removed due to having uvitic glaucoma and severe bandkeratopathy on both eyes.

http://carneyexploits.blogspot.com

• 05-15-2008 5:45 PM In reply to

Mine would be the pain of the 2nd degree burns strategically placed on either side of my underarm, so aS to stick together; whenever I moved, it hurt.  However, I was able to get off pain meds (other than ibuprofin) 2 days after leaving the hospital, so I must seem like I'm complaining too much.  Yours in Him, Deb

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• 05-15-2008 7:37 PM In reply to

Gallbladder surgury. I had a stone stuck in a duct so was in surgury for 6 hours. What was suppose to be a one day thing ended up being in the hospital for a week and a long recovery. Babs

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Prayer Circle
  • 05-15-2008 10:19 PM In reply to

two bouts of hard labour followed by c-sections.     lucky I haven't had any other medical problems that require any painfull problems. The only thing is my sinustis and twinges in my hands from getting older so I am doing alright.

Officially recognized Stretchpert in Hobbies and Crafts
  • 05-15-2008 11:44 PM In reply to

I aso had kidney stones before. They passed on naturally. However, while they were still in my body, they caused a great deal of agony. I almost passed out at some points. 

• 05-16-2008 12:20 AM In reply to

Put me right beside babs!  My gall bladder surgery was 20 years ago and I still have after effects from it!  Like babs, my stone was caught in the duct.  Mine was a spongy stone and was long so it wouldn't go back in but was too big to pass.  Only a 3 hour surgery but I was out for over 12 hours.  The dr was sitting by my bed when I finally woke up he was so worried!  I was out in 2 days but managed to pull the stitches and get an infection the 3rd day home from the hospital.  I still get a little pocket of infection from time to time where a drain tube was.  And since the scar is diagonal across my abdomen (they had to remove my appendix at the same time), those muscle just don't heal back correctly and I have some nerve damage also.  As in a "dead spot" around my navel.

re-tired  

Page 1 of 5 (48 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us