Hi, I am new to the site. For the short time that I have been here, there is so much great advice and information shared by all.
If you are looking for ways to live below your means and put that extra towards debt, well here are a few:
1. I pull all of my plugs and power strips out of the walls and shut everything down completely.
2. As I just read a minute ago in another post, I will use up all the food in my freezer and refrigerator and make some type of 1 pot meal.
3. I have just recently decided to put any extra money that I am able to save from my utility bills unto my credit card. For example, I allot myself $100.00 a month for electricity. Sometimes the bill will be $50.00 or less a month. I then make believe that I am paying the $100.00 and put the difference between the two towards my debt. I didn't have to get a second job to just make this minor adjustment. I try to do this with all my bills including food allotment, and it works out rather nicely.
4. I have in the past, when paying monthly on my credit card balances, would pay 1/2 of the minimum the 1st 2 weeks of the month then the other half towards the last 2 weeks of the month. This way, the money was being posted to the principal as well as the interest.
5. At this point now, I have transferred my one remaining cc balance, (yippee) to a 0% interest rate for a year and just snowball every payment towards that to finally become debt free.
Well these are a few of thethings that have helped me and still help me. Hope they are helpful. I now have to go to work, but will drop by later in the day to see how everyone is doing.
Thanks for a great site and community.