Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Quick update

Last post Sat, Jun 7 2014 9:12 PM by eyrehead. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, Jun 7 2014 9:12 PM

Quick update

Hi guys.. im still alive and kicking!! I am officially divorced now!! However I still haven't received any visitation with my children. I am about fed up with my ex, both of our attorney's, as well as the magistrate who heard our case. Our kids are to receiving a minimum of 4(four) counseling sessions with the counselor I found, we borh agreed to, since she is local, the court approved her last October, well, guess what my ex is trying to do now? He wants to find a different counselor!! His excuse is that our kids dont like her. They've seen her only once, for their intake assessment. Since I was last here, ive found out that my ex now has a girlfriend, who's living with him and our kids. The girlfriend also has a 5 year old daughter, whom, from what ive seen on facebook, and heard from my friends, in our community, she resembles our daughter Sarah a great deal!! She also appears to have a lot of my exes facial features, similar nose, same eye ahape as his, my issue isnt that he has a girlfriend, but that she living in the house we built together, sleeping in the bed we shared, as well as how this new family dynamic is affecting my kids, especially my daughter. I am still with Tony, almost 18 months now!! We have no plans to marry nor move in together anytime soon. I ended up signing over my expedition to my landlord to sell for my back rent, anything above what I owe him, will come back to me. I have applied with the Bureau of vocational rehabilitation, in hopes that they'll be able to find me legitimate work I can do from home, as I still can't drive. If I could find a way to earn anywhere from $2-500/month, with my disability,($721) I could easily pay my bills, and still have a little extra to tuck away for emergencies. Since the divorce is final, I received $1 per year for 4 years in alimony.. I know, its a joke. Married 20 years, and I got screwed!! Big time!! I just want my kids!! He can keep gis money, and the hiuse, he got stuck with all his business's as well as our joint tax debt. I do know, I have the abikity to ask for more money, just not the duration in which he has to pay. The IRS and the state of Ohio have so many tax liens on the property, so technically until he pays back the state and feds , the house and property technically beling to the government. Anyway, since the divorce became final, I lost my private insurance, and had to apply for Medicaid, eventhough I have no time with my kids, they were approved as well, however, im not telling my ex that, yet.my food assistance was increased from $72 to $189; apparently, upon my applying for Medicaid, they noted that the computer file said that it had my rental agreement, but there was no dollar amount listed for my monthly rent, so ibsent them another copy of it. I was also told tgat upon my gaining visitation and/or final custody is established, once I account for how often I have my kids, what meals I provide for them, my food assistance will increase again. I've been couponing when I can, I dont have easy acess to them, but I take full advantage of the digital coupons kroger offers on it's website. I buy reduced for quick sale meats, produce, and bread, I snatch any organic produce in the mark down bin I can, I recently score 3 large organic honeycrisp apples for .99!! One apple had a bad spot which I cut out, and anothervone had a slight bruise on it. Full price organic honeycrisp apples are like 3.49/lb. Honeycrisp are my favorite apple, and look forward to them in the late fall. The non organic apples usually go on sale for 1.99/lb. Not sure what the sale price for the orgsnic honeycrisp apples are. In the last 3 months, my electric bill has gone from $200, to $83!! Tony bought me 2 LED bulbs for the lamps I use most often, I want to change out all the bulbsin my ceiling fan fixtures, but will have to look for coupons and sale prices( although clearance woul rock my world!! Lol I still wash most of my laundry either on the cold water or tge eco warm setting. Since its finally warmed up here, ive been hanging my bsth towels, sheets, and my pants on the line I have in my garage. I lost the clothesline out back, during a bade storm with atraight line winds. Not sure if ill ask my landlord to replace it or ask him if I can have Tony do it for me. I got some free hostas from a friend who thinned hers out, and tony and I redid my flower beds in tge front of the house. Memorial day weekend, I snagged 2 hsnging baskets of red whit and blue petunias at Walmart for 4.98 each!! Tony bought me some tomato plants, some cucumber and lettuce seeds, and my mortgage lifter tomato plant is blooming already. I wentvwith 2 heirloom varieties of tomatoes and a grape tomato hybrid, I also got heirloom cucumber and lettuce seeds; straight eight, and black seeded Simpson. Everything is growing in containers and seem to be doing well. Although, I still want to put in a small raised bed about 2'Wx4-5' long, along side my garage. I still have cucumber and lettuce seeds left but thought I may plant some carrots, or potatoes, not quite sure yet. Ill figure it out. Im sure. Hope everyone is doing well. I promise to not disappear again, just the last few months have been emotionally draining for me.
    ~*~Angie~*~

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us