Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

dilly pickled asparagus

Last post Sun, May 25 2014 3:58 AM by Gayla57. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, May 25 2014 3:58 AM

dilly pickled asparagus

dilly pickled asparagus

6 lbs fesh asparagus

3 large garlic cloves halved

6 teaspoons dill seed

6 teaspoon mustard seed

36 whole peppercorns

2 quart water

2 1/2 cups white vinegar

1/2 cup sugar

3 tablespoon canning salt

wash . drain and trim the asparagus . cup into 4 1/2 in spears . discard ends or save them for another use  ( i keep mine )

place aspargue in large container cover with ice water . in each of 6  1 pint jars place half of a garlic clove , 1 teaspoon of dill

seed . 1 teaspoon mustard seed and 6 peppercoirns

in a large pot ( I use a dutch oven ) bring water, vinegar, sugar, and salt to a boil . drain the asparagus pack into jars to within 1/2 

inch of topladle boiling liquid over aspagus leaving 1/4 inch head space . adjust caps . process for 20 minutes in boiling water bath

remove jars to wire racks  to cool completely

my dh loves the stuff  i will make up another batch when or if the price goes down .

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us