Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Financial Compatability

Last post Wed, May 21 2014 10:13 PM by Gayla57. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 12 2014 12:28 PM

Financial Compatability

"TDS: Studies show that money is a common reason for divorce and breakups. How can you tell if you're financially compatible with someone you're dating?" says an article in this week's Dollar Strether.  

Is it important to determine before marriage that you can agree on large financial matters? If most fights are over money and money causes divorce then yes. How can you decide before you are sharing money and expenses if you will get along and agree?

The Dollar Stretcher has more about this
    http://www.stretcher.com/stories/14/14may12e.cfm?FPMon 

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Wed, May 14 2014 10:32 AM In reply to

• map578
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 25 2011
    • Posts 462

Re: Financial Compatability

My husband and I are not money compatible at all. Yet we have been married for almost 30 years now.

We were councelled before we were married but frankly he would have agreed to anything back then.  We learned to manage our money by trial and error. I believe it's more about your commitment to each other and willingness to bend that keeps a marriage together in all aspects.

• Wed, May 21 2014 10:13 PM In reply to

Re: Financial Compatability

we both had excellent finanical couchs in our parents  my Daddy and MIL had lived through the depression and they gave us all the help we ever need when I inherited Mother estate first we paid God all the bills and our selves with the reminder we started our business

we each have an account and a joint account and a have a number that we dont spent with out talking to each other  we are pretty much in tune with each other .

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us