Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Spring Foods

Last post Tue, May 6 2014 8:05 AM by babsagain. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 25 2014 2:33 PM

Spring Foods

We have discussed seasonal foods in the past and shared our favorite fall, winter and summer dishes but what about spring? Does anyone have things they make that are seasonal spring dishes or you just prefer them at this time of year?

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Fri, Apr 25 2014 8:26 PM In reply to

Re: Spring Foods

Asparagus!   just steamed with butter and lemon juice.

And of course strawberries.

Pretty much anything fresh after a winter of canned and dried foods.

• Sat, Apr 26 2014 11:51 AM In reply to

we eat a lot a spirng vegetable

we had tuna salad , chidken and mac & cheese

and assorted vegetables  we gave hem a choic them the could pick  green  or peas or corn on the cob  even  DH even likes he said you did make the macatoni & chesse  I said how die you know he said it didi have bread crumbs even they box you can't help you self you add something .

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Fri, May 2 2014 1:10 PM In reply to

Asparagus, of course. Bought 2 artichokes for $1. Yummy! Strawberries. My rhubarb should be ready for first harvest soon. Already have some fresh oregano coming up, as well as garlic chives and winter onions. I may not need to buy anymore onions until next fall.
  • Sun, May 4 2014 12:27 AM In reply to

• Sea
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 24 2013
    • Posts 874

What else could it be beside asparagus? I can't afford it, but...I now have 3-year-old asparagus crowns to plant, and if they take, I will be overwhelmed with asparagus with scads left over for friends and hopefully some to sell.

• Mon, May 5 2014 6:56 PM In reply to

Lots of strawberries. Cherries are just starting to come into season around here (they peak in May), so we'll be enjoying those soon.
  • Tue, May 6 2014 8:05 AM In reply to

Last evening, we had our first asparagus. I roasted it with olive oil and garlic. Babs

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us