Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Is Your Money Making You Sick?

Last post Mon, Apr 28 2014 10:06 AM by Kassy. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 23 2014 8:00 AM

Is Your Money Making You Sick?

Paper money changes hands every day and passes all around. Did you know that bacteria might stay on the paper and make you sick?

Is something that concerns you? How do you protect yourself from these bacterias?

Read more about this
     http://abcnews.go.com/Health/story?id=117433

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Wed, Apr 23 2014 10:12 AM In reply to

Re: Is Your Money Making You Sick?

Yes, I heard this on the news. Another story to make us all paranoid. But I like the 'other' meaning of 'does money make you sick?' I can recall a time when the lack of it did exactly that...loss of sleep, stomach pains etc.. No fun!
  • Wed, Apr 23 2014 12:20 PM In reply to

yep money is filthy but that is why washing hands and not touching your face is important...same with public door handles, phones etc.  lots of people never clean their computer keyboards or phones. 

• Thu, Apr 24 2014 11:00 PM In reply to

One of several reasons I use my debit card.  Safety, germ and drug free, and easy to keep track of. 

• Mon, Apr 28 2014 9:47 AM In reply to

• rolo
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Apr 4 2007
    • Michigan
    • Posts 1,932

People don't often think about how germy the books, magazines, CDs and movies are that you check out from your public library.  Or the common head phones that some libraries have available. <retired ibrary lady here>

Really, any object that is regularly used in a public setting is teaming with bacteria.  Ewww.  

Washing hands with warm soapy water really is your first line of defense against it.  

Lorrie

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." ~~ Dalai Lama XIV -

• Mon, Apr 28 2014 10:06 AM In reply to

Rolo: Good response. The less our immune system is 'needed' the weaker it gets IMO.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us