Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Realistic Budgets

Last post Wed, Apr 16 2014 8:02 PM by Kassy. 13 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (14 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 10 2014 9:47 AM

Realistic Budgets

If you are spring cleaning your finances, one of the things you may want to consider is looking over your budget. Have you been sticking to it? Have you even made one for the year?

Read more about Budgets in The Dollar Stretcher: 

A workable budget plan
        http://www.stretcher.com/stories/12/12jan09h.cfm

A Bare Bones Budget   
         http://www.stretcher.com/stories/00/000821a.cfm

Why budgets fail    
         http://community.stretcher.com/forums/t/30819.aspx

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Thu, Apr 10 2014 10:38 AM In reply to

Re: Realistic Budgets

I need to spring clean my budget and find some places to cut.  I haven't got as much money and have been over budget every month this year, in groceries and also I had a big car repair bill.  

• Thu, Apr 10 2014 11:05 AM In reply to

I am sorry to hear that it's still a struggle for you, Tracy.

• Thu, Apr 10 2014 12:30 PM In reply to

My new to me car needed a new radiator, not under the warranty, ended up costing over $1000.  My income dropped, and expenses are up,but I have been good about not buying things like many clothes, household supplies, and trying to cut out some driving. I have been stopping at CVS and the Dollar Store for some bargains. I need a few months without too many exta costs, and maybe extra income.  I have three of the extra five days of work I need for April. 

• Thu, Apr 10 2014 2:13 PM In reply to

I am hoping for some sales and the extra days of work you need.

• Fri, Apr 11 2014 11:25 PM In reply to

Brandy, 

Tomorrow is an extra day, and Monday is a third of a day!  Getting there, last Monday was another third, so I have to find just 3 more extra.  I had calls for the last two days, I could not take them, but I am hoping something comes up next Friday.

Tracy

• Sun, Apr 13 2014 1:36 PM In reply to

We need to go over our budgets too.  dh needs to print out his bank statement and payroll statement. he upped his retirement portion but think he did it too much. shortfalls!

• Sun, Apr 13 2014 3:12 PM In reply to

Compared my income to last year, down 25%.  I applied for another job today. Overall, down about a third, no wonder I am having some problems. I am going to have to make some changes. 

• Sun, Apr 13 2014 4:18 PM In reply to

Blessings to those of you who are struggling. AM
  • Wed, Apr 16 2014 8:53 AM In reply to

• map578
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 25 2011
    • Posts 462

tracyinmn:

Compared my income to last year, down 25%.  I applied for another job today. Overall, down about a third, no wonder I am having some problems. I am going to have to make some changes. 

Tracy, It's happening everywhere. My husbands income was down by $10,000 this year give or take a little. Not as bad as your situation I know but I just wanted you to know your not the only  one who is seeing less income.
Page 1 of 2 (14 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us