Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Spring Decluttering 2014

Last post Thu, Jun 12 2014 10:59 AM by udwe. 20 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (21 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 8 2014 12:19 AM

Spring Decluttering 2014

starting a new thread...spring cleaning...       gave away some clothes that dd outgrew... a box of boxes, crafts supplies, little toys..educational related items to the homelearners for freebies to get rid of.

got ds to clean out the toybox of items from the lowes build and grow programs. will give them to  homelearners too for freebies.   dh got him to help vacuum under the bed properly so the lego can go there. 

• Tue, Apr 8 2014 8:26 AM In reply to

• udwe
    • Top 200 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Mon, Jul 9 2007
    • Montana
    • Posts 169

Re: Spring Decluttering 2014

Getting rid of an old bed & small couch that came with the house. Now that nicer weather is here, I'll be getting rid of alot more junk.

• Tue, Apr 8 2014 9:09 AM In reply to

• rosey7415
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Fri, Nov 1 2013
    • massachusetts
    • Posts 121

getting rid of about half of my wardrobe.  that is about it.  i should get into my kitchen cabinets.....hmmm.... 

helen
  • Tue, Apr 8 2014 11:25 AM In reply to

Have decided to purchase more wool socks; they make such a difference for my always cold feet. Will clean out all others except fun seasonal ones which I can double layer and donate them. AM
  • Tue, Apr 8 2014 1:20 PM In reply to

AM,

I think wool keeps our feet healthier, too.  

I matched up 5 little pairs of shoes and dropped them off at the thrift store.  Everything counts!  

• Mon, Apr 21 2014 5:47 PM In reply to

The pair of shoes I wore yesterday served me well when I needed a pair of pretty brown shoes to complete an outfit for a niece's wedding. They are really too tight on my toes and will move along now to yet another thrift store. They're too good quality to not be enjoyed by someone.
  • Mon, Apr 21 2014 9:55 PM In reply to

• Walt34
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 17 2007
    • WV eastern panhandle
    • Posts 1,406

DW is currently engaged in spring cleaning and is busy filling trash bags with stuff that has accumulated over the last few years while she was spending a lot of time looking after her father. He passed away last December so now she has a lot more free time. Last week we took a full pickup truck load of stuff to Goodwill, mostly plastic storage boxes that she used to keep paperwork in, but also some lamps, a table, and other small furniture items.

Now that she is done with the basement she is targeting the upstairs, including the computer room! Okay, it is somewhat disorganized to the untrained eye but I know where everything is. And I do need to go through the closet and get rid of anything I haven't worn for the past year or so. She is highly organized and I am, uh, less so.

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Money Management
  • Wed, Apr 23 2014 12:17 PM In reply to

lol walt dh knows to clean his office before I get in there.  he complains everything gets throw in there but I say leaving computer stuff, tools etc all over the house is not allowed so it gets dumped there.  like the broken ipad sitting on the antique sewing machine in the livingroom for 2mths.  no comment from him Wink     plus I don't have my own room.

got rid of more stuff to homelearners for freebies,..craft kits , playdoh , spirograph.   

since I am not going to be with this guide group  getting rid of the craft stuff  3 rubbermaid tubs full going to district leader who has the rest. then it can be used for the district camp.

a bag of food to the food bank since they are coming to speak at moms group too.    still need to do a big book sorting and clearout. and go though the kids clothes for summer.

• Thu, Apr 24 2014 10:43 PM In reply to

I have three bags and about 10 things on hangers to donate to the garage sale on Friday.

• Fri, Apr 25 2014 10:15 AM In reply to

• map578
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 25 2011
    • Posts 462

Cleaning out my desk today and it is long overdue. Not fun. I'd rather be scrubbing something.

Page 1 of 3 (21 items) 1 2 3 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us