Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Re-use ideas needed

Last post Tue, May 27 2014 9:13 PM by smiles. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Apr 7 2014 6:10 PM

Re-use ideas needed

We get many deliveries by mail of individually packed prescription meds. They come in very nice, heavy plastic bags which have been heat-sealed and have a hole in one corner to prevent their being big airbags. Seems a shame to just throw them away but don't know what to do with them. Can reseal and "fix" the hole with the Foodsaver. Your suggestions appreciated. AM
  • Mon, Apr 7 2014 7:05 PM In reply to

Re: Re-use ideas needed

I just reused some bags to seal up things that I take camping but don't want wet...this time it was a camera.   Now I'm thinking it would be nice to have a few matches in the camp kit that were sealed in a water proof plastic bag....and some dry sox and undies for those rainy days when you get soaked to the skin or the canoe gets dumped.   Also good for tiny first aid kits for road trips and school trips or kids' backpacks.  

I've also been re-using bags that I didn't want to re-use for food products, when shipping liquids.  I'm sending some nice shower gel to a friend (it's handmade by a local woman) and will be sealing that with my vaccuum sealer in a recycled bag, rather than sending one of my precious scrounged (and still food-ok) zip locks.

You can also just fill the bags with air and not use the vaccuum bit, only the sealing bit, and make your own package padding like amazon does.   Good way to fill up a box without adding weight.

• Tue, Apr 8 2014 2:26 PM In reply to

Maggie, All good ideas. Thanks. AM
  • Tue, May 27 2014 9:13 PM In reply to

• smiles
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Jun 14 2010
    • Midwest
    • Posts 312

Bags could be used to... -Store Christmas ornaments individually in them, as padding and protection. -Items in individual bags in a first aid kit for your car. -Screws, nuts, nails etc. -Kids crayons, stickers, etc. -Receipts Just a few idea.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us