Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Church bake sale ideas....

Last post Mon, May 12 2014 9:14 PM by Gayla57. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 3 2014 11:54 PM

Church bake sale ideas....

What items sold well at your church/fundraiser bake sale? How were they packaged in a frugal way? We are having a church bake sale in a month and I have never participated before. I offered to make banana bread/mini banana bread and m&m cookies. We don't know what sells well and instead of pricing the items, we are asking for donations only. We all have to package our goodies by ourselves and the sale runs for 2 days. Any ideas appreciated!
  • Fri, Apr 4 2014 2:43 AM In reply to

• Sea
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 24 2013
    • Posts 874

Re: Church bake sale ideas....

I have seen had good sales with the old standbyes - choc. chip, pb, oatmeal raisin cookies, cupcakes (people like to get things they can eat on the spot), some pies, maybe small ones, brownies and blondies, raspberry bars, chocolate anything. Choc cream pie sells well, but you can't set it out.

you can make packing a little special - things have to be wrapped in plastic/foil, and you can put a little ribbon with a bow on it around them. Some flowers on the table, prices clearly labled, and some pricing like one for 50 cents and six for $2.50. Good luck!

And don't forget to clearly lable for food allergies.

• Sat, Apr 5 2014 9:06 AM In reply to

around here  cookies - chocolate chip and flip flop  chocolate on on side and penut butter on the other side are the top sellers here

any thing made with popcorn is a winnner

the only suggestion on banana nut is i make just a plain banana bread no nuts  for kids with nut problems

cupcakes can't be normal  i do the mini ones usally a red velver cake with a cream cheese int the middle and cream cheese on top , carrot cake , and the cupcake if chocolate vanilla in the middle and if vanill chocolat in the middle .

i get requests for my coconut cake alll the time ..

peanut clusters and rocky road are vey big sellers

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Sat, Apr 5 2014 10:29 AM In reply to

Choc peanut butter no bake cookies, brownies, and blondies are always best sellers here.

retired 

• Sat, Apr 5 2014 1:30 PM In reply to

I have tried the donation only, and it worked really well.  I found one surprise was chex or party mixes sold well, in a little baggie, just a quic savory snack for those people who don't like sweets.  

• Sat, Apr 5 2014 2:11 PM In reply to

Raised, not quick, breads, rolls, breadsticks go well just before a holiday. AM
  • Sat, Apr 5 2014 2:56 PM In reply to

nibblin' fish is one like check mix i  make  it uses  oat cereal, pretzel sticks t fish shaped crackers and mixed nut or peanuts and some seasoning

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Sat, Apr 5 2014 11:45 PM In reply to

The nibblin' fish sounds good..do you have a recipe?
  • Sun, Apr 6 2014 9:15 AM In reply to

• bug
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 8 2012
    • Posts 47

For cakes and such we would cut them and sell in pieces. For an especially beautiful cake we would sell whole or raffle off. Cookies always do well. One year I made a teddy bear bread with regular bread dough. He was quite the hit. I have also seen versions of small teddy bear breads.
  • Sun, Apr 6 2014 4:25 PM In reply to

Around here chocolate brownies with no frosting are good sellers as well as cookies p/b chocolate chip and m&m plain cookies. Sometimes they are put into a plastic bag and have a ribbon tied around them. You could do a cake walk for the prettiest cake or slice a whole cake in to pieces and wrap in a plastic baggie. Some people may not want a whole cake and would be happy with just a slice.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us