Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Prom

Last post Sat, May 10 2014 3:25 PM by Linda Cecil. 16 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Apr 2 2014 2:15 AM

Prom

Once again, two going to prom!  How do you keep costs low for dances?  I have a ds and a dd going. They will help pay, and I help them pay, it is usually a really fun evening for them.  For homecoming this year, I had three there, but it is a cheaper dance.  

• Wed, Apr 2 2014 7:50 AM In reply to

Re: Prom

When my daughter went, I hit the discount racks and sales. We also saw many very pretty dresses at thrift stores.

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Wed, Apr 2 2014 9:00 AM In reply to

There is a store here that takes donated dresses for gifts to girls that need one for proms.  They have dressed, shoes, purses, everything a girl would need.Really a nice thing. I think you pay to have it drycleaned after it is worn. Babs

• Wed, Apr 2 2014 12:30 PM In reply to

i have two going  DD brought her dress out of the 20 or so we have at the store  and DS had last year tux it sill fits our home school co-op dance is very nice DS is taking Rosalita my friend Rosey daughter she is a year younger that Mike he taken her out alot she and hime make a cutes couple Sarah is single since Valentine day she went up to see her boy friend since she was 12 she arrived at his apt.  a very pregnant woman answer the door said he isnt here Sarah wait saw him go up he came to the door Sarah said who is that and the girl I am his wife that blew her mind he was at out house Christmas she got flowers from him for valentine day my DB who took her talked to him the next day he said i dont know if the baby mine or not as soon as it born if it not mine I dump her then back to Sarah spoke up and siad Sarah said we are done they came home his parent came to the house and spoke to him found out it was true and left she dated every guy in the county rhwn my DD step son asked to date her he been the only one since

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Thu, Apr 3 2014 2:10 PM In reply to

• map578
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 25 2011
    • Posts 462

My daughters shopped until they dropped trying to stay with in the budget. 

They seem to go all out now with manicures, pedicures, hair appointments, and limos. It just seems like way too much for a prom to me.

• Sat, Apr 5 2014 10:52 AM In reply to

I truly pity a friend her daughter dating a boy from the next count she brought her dd two dress his  prom on one week and her is the next week she got a really nice dress and her prom another dress her mother said I be paying on my cc until her Chritmas dress for the Christmas program at ther Daddy's house                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                      

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Sat, Apr 5 2014 1:21 PM In reply to

map, seems like some of the things are much more like wedding things!  

Dd is looking at dresses online, that are $99 to $129.  She can afford that, but I question buying a dress without trying it on.  I did find a coupon for a local store, 50% off on prom dresses.  

Ds hasn't said much to me at all. 

• Wed, Apr 9 2014 5:07 PM In reply to

• pmburk
    • Top 500 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Wed, Jan 16 2013
    • DFW, Texas
    • Posts 109

We don't have children, and it has been about 20+ years since I attended a prom. However, I grew up *very* poor, and I actually went to 3 proms total. I remember my dresses coming from thrift shops, and I borrowed jewelry from relatives.

• Thu, Apr 10 2014 10:53 AM In reply to

I made my prom dress!  My date was a little worried. It turned out good. 

• Fri, Apr 11 2014 11:28 PM In reply to

We found some pretty dresses at a Bridal Consignment shop.  I think we are closing in on the dress. 

Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us