Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

The Spring 2014 Dinner Table

Last post Tue, May 27 2014 10:36 PM by Anna Marie. 263 replies.
Page 2 of 27 (264 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Mar 24 2014 9:25 AM In reply to

• map578
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 25 2011
    • Posts 462

Re: The Spring 2014 Dinner Table

Meatloaf, baked potato, and leftover tossed salad.

I went over the edge buying fruit yesterday so I may make some sf strawberry shortcake.

• Mon, Mar 24 2014 10:05 AM In reply to

Roast in the crock pot with veggies.  Leftovers will go in the freezer soup pot.

retired 

• Mon, Mar 24 2014 6:39 PM In reply to

I'm not sure what we're having tonight. DH is having a bad day too and he's working a little late, so it will be something from the freezer. Jill
  • Mon, Mar 24 2014 7:14 PM In reply to

I took the leftover chicken, leftover brocolli, added some carrots. heated it up with the gravy, served it over homemade biscuits. Added a side of green beans and a little mac and cheese. Cleaned out a lot of the leftovers in the refrig. it wasnt bad. Babs

• Mon, Mar 24 2014 8:14 PM In reply to

• Elsi
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 12 2009
    • TX, USA
    • Posts 503

Tonight's supper was really good!  I pulled some meatballs from the freezer and using a recipe I found online as a guide, simmered garlic, 1/2 a bell pepper, and some sliced mushrooms in olive oil.  Added a couple of tablespoons of red wine and 2 tomatoes (chopped), and allowed it to simmer until the tomatoes were cooked through.  Served this over egg noodles and put together a salad on the side.
  • Mon, Mar 24 2014 10:55 PM In reply to

Dinner tonight was baked potato, steamed artichoke, tilapia, and sliced cantaloupe.
    Riley
  • Tue, Mar 25 2014 11:42 AM In reply to

I planning meatloaf  baked potatoes and some vegetables 

if no one else suddenly wants a change the got a few minutes our I might start baking the potato in the oven 

we are having a cold spell so some thing warm well be appreciated

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Tue, Mar 25 2014 2:39 PM In reply to

I poached chicken legs and a breast.  I will make tettrazinni for DH.  I will have the breast with peaches and cottage cheese.

retired 

• Tue, Mar 25 2014 6:01 PM In reply to

We are having stuffed chicken breasts and salad. Jill
  • Tue, Mar 25 2014 6:58 PM In reply to

yes to the meatloaf  DS wanted baked potatoes  and I have some green beans I canned last year i swear that child would eat green beans every day   he did for almost a year when he was little all he wanted was green beans he wants them with a bit of butter  i think he is a little nuts ... asked the Dr about he said he wants them let him have them  one morning he got up I asked him what he wanted and he asked for oatmeal  he a strange one  he may eat just vegetables

he the child who want what he wants and as the baby I spoil him

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

Page 2 of 27 (264 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us