Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

The Spring 2014 Dinner Table

Last post Tue, May 27 2014 10:36 PM by Anna Marie. 263 replies.
Page 1 of 27 (264 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Mar 21 2014 8:11 AM

The Spring 2014 Dinner Table

So what's being served for dinner at your house this season?

Share your food plans and don't forget to put recipes in our forums so we can all enjoy the great foods you are serving.

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Fri, Mar 21 2014 8:44 AM In reply to

Re: The Spring 2014 Dinner Table

Will be at Mama's serving dinner to her friend friend's favorite is mac and cheese. AM
  • Fri, Mar 21 2014 1:17 PM In reply to

I may make a piece of fish for dinner for myself and DS can have leftovers since he hates fish.
    Riley
  • Sat, Mar 22 2014 4:50 PM In reply to

DH has a meeting with food so I am making homemade pizza. Babs

• Sat, Mar 22 2014 7:25 PM In reply to

Today it was so pretty here we fired the grill up and had bbq ribs,steaks,brats,grilled chicken, winners for hot dogs and smoked sausage. Other things we had were a delish broccoli salad, baked beans potato salad and brusel sprouts and chocolate cherry cookies if anyone wanted them.
  • Sat, Mar 22 2014 7:40 PM In reply to

• Elsi
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 12 2009
    • TX, USA
    • Posts 503

I put a sliced sweet potato into the oven to roast and am thawing some hamburger patties.  I think a tossed salad w/ tomatoes will go well with the beef and sweet potatoes.  Simple supper!

• Sun, Mar 23 2014 12:51 PM In reply to

I have ground meat to use up thing it will be something no sure yet the guys are going to TN last this afternoon a goverment project if I make meatloaf they take the left overs

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Sun, Mar 23 2014 12:51 PM In reply to

I have ground meat to use up it will be something no sure yet the guys are going to TN last this afternoon a goverment project if I make meatloaf they take the left overs

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Sun, Mar 23 2014 6:22 PM In reply to

We are having leftover bbq beef with mac and cheese and veggies. Not sure what the veggies will be yet, though. Jill
  • Sun, Mar 23 2014 6:37 PM In reply to

• Elsi
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 12 2009
    • TX, USA
    • Posts 503

I'm heading to the kitchen to mix up a batch of corn muffins.  Will add some sharp cheddar to them to make "cheesy muffins".  Once they are in the oven, I'll pull together a pot of creamy potato and celery soup.  I'm using this recipe as the basis of the soup.  I've got a quart of vegetable broth/stock that I cooked yesterday afternoon using a bag of veggie parings from the freezer, augmented by two small potatoes and 2 limp carrots that I pulled from the fridge when I cleaned it Friday evening.  Hubby feels that a meal needs some meat, so I'll fix him a piece of ham from the ham steak I bought today.  Fresh fruit will be our "dessert".

Page 1 of 27 (264 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us