Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Dealing with "Oops"

Last post Tue, May 27 2014 10:13 PM by budgetwise. 17 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Mar 19 2014 8:37 AM

Dealing with "Oops"

My experience, which may work for you is that, when I get an "Oops"message, I can use my back arrow to retrieve the message I wanted to post. It comes back, I try again, and it works. AM
  • Wed, Mar 19 2014 11:00 AM In reply to

Re: Dealing with "Oops"

small here but alot of time my oops post anyhow  ... the duplication run is weird too, 

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Thu, May 22 2014 10:42 PM In reply to

The oopppppssssss for me is getting old and very annoying so much I tend to now just limit my viewing the stretcher and now my posting is heading that away as well very sad too see this happen but it's a waste of time posting 10 to 15 times to get one to make it...doesn't matter if I use the reply options or quick option now

http://jayashiangel.blogspot.com/
    http://tactilepleasure.blogspot.com/

Cell Phone Holders 4 Hospice 2014 YTD 18
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2014 YTD 13
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2013 YTD 36
    Shawls 4 Hospice 2012 YTD 21

• Thu, May 22 2014 10:58 PM In reply to

Anna Marie:
    My experience, which may work for you is that, when I get an "Oops"message, I can use my back arrow to retrieve the message I wanted to post. It comes back, I try again, and it works. AM
    That used to work for me but then it stopped working for a long time, and I just stopped posting. But I decided to try again today when I saw a thread I really wanted to reply to, and my post went through! Surprise So I'll carry on posting until something happens and it won't let me again. Stick out tongue
    "The business of life is the acquisition of memories." --Mr. Carson
  • Fri, May 23 2014 3:12 AM In reply to

Whenever I write a post, I "copy" it so that when I get the oops, I can just paste it in.

retired 

• Fri, May 23 2014 7:48 AM In reply to

jayashiangel:

The oopppppssssss for me is getting old and very annoying so much I tend to now just limit my viewing the stretcher and now my posting is heading that away as well very sad too see this happen but it's a waste of time posting 10 to 15 times to get one to make it...doesn't matter if I use the reply options or quick option now

I agree that it's very frustrating and discouraging  

This used to be the easiest forum I participate in for posting pictures, now even that is fouled up. Even he smileys feature now has some kind of block on it.  I think this is an old program (like windows 98) that has long since been left behind with no real hope of bringing it up to date. Several other forums use v-bulletin and it runs smoothly with high levels of anti-spam capacity.

The only real solution would be to start a new forum, but I don't know how to do that. This all started to go downhill back about, what, 8, 10 months ago when we were under daily massive spam attacks.  

The one thing that still makes it worthwhile to visit is hearing from the small core group and reading about their everyday lives.  

budgetwise

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Ps. 139:14
  • Fri, May 23 2014 8:29 AM In reply to

The time stamp on the posting is really bothering me.

retired 

• Sat, May 24 2014 12:43 AM In reply to

For those of you frustrated...and aren't we all..

This community is indeed operating on old software. We have been waiting for the day new software would be available to us and for the last couple of weeks, the team at The Dollar Stretcher has been setting up on a new platform so a brand new Dollar Stretcher community will soon go live.

We all look forward to the day when we can say good-bye to the issues we have and get back to sharing ideas, tips, recipes and more without troubles.

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Sat, May 24 2014 1:30 AM In reply to

What does it take to start a new forum?

For a small group, it's not as big an undertaking to get set up with a service or to place cheap software up on server space.  For a professional community, it takes money and some programming to get software up and going.

The forums are owned by and operate for The Dollar Stretcher. It began as a community for the readers and contributers of the Dollar Stretcher site. Now, we have blogs and are interactive with the Dollar Stretcher Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter and more. It takes several people to manage all this and be sure content continues to expand in accordance with The Dollar Stretcher site.

This is a little more work and money than privately owned and run communities.

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Sat, May 24 2014 1:52 AM In reply to

This is great news. Big Smile A question: when we switch to the new forums, will everything from the forum as it is now be moved over to the new software, or will we be essentially starting all over again? In other words, are we going to lose everything here in the move? That happened once on a forum I help to run ( a very small one!), and we were very sorry to see our old posts go, so I hope that won't be the case here.
    "The business of life is the acquisition of memories." --Mr. Carson
Page 1 of 2 (18 items) 1 2 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us