Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Easter baskets

Last post Mon, Mar 24 2014 9:20 AM by map578. 9 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Mar 18 2014 12:20 PM

Easter baskets

At what age do you quit giving your children baskets?

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Tue, Mar 18 2014 6:09 PM In reply to

Re: Easter baskets

I would think 12 may be to old for some. Sometime adult children get baskets if the parents are willing to fill them and the children are willing to receive them who knows.
  • Tue, Mar 18 2014 8:33 PM In reply to

Linda Cecil:
    Sometime adult children get baskets if the parents are willing to fill them and the children are willing to receive them
    going to visit DD next week. She's quite adult. Might leave her a basket of goodies. Wouldn't be the first time. AM
  • Tue, Mar 18 2014 9:04 PM In reply to

My DD age 30,dear nephew 28 and neice 25 still insist on the annual Easter egg hunt.This is my DS's doing because she spoils them and never says no.
    This year there is a twist.They have to share the egg hunt with their new baby cousin who will be 8 months old.My youngest DS had her first baby last June.There is a 24 year gap between the baby and the one who used to be the baby.
    My DS fills the eggs with change and silly little $ store gifts.The all also get a basket with candy and gift cards.
    Since our family only gets together about 4 times a year it is a great time to spoil the kids.

DD usually misses out on an Easter gift at home because Easter usually falls near her birthday.

• Wed, Mar 19 2014 10:35 AM In reply to

If they are home at my house, they get candy!  

• Wed, Mar 19 2014 12:09 PM In reply to

my DS birthday is the 18th of April   Good Friday  when he was 6 his birthday was on Easter he figured it out again when he is 66 his birthday will be on Easter  because of the holiday I am making a Hot cross cup cake .    and we of course have fish

my niece birth is Dec 24 she was born at 11:58pm  since she been little we have her brithday on the 24 July it her half birhtday as kids they stayed the summer with us now she married and lives across the pasture next to her Daddy and Katie she really had a problem with that so that why we do it this was 

I make Easter basket for my family even DH he getting a new pair of boots I take them line the box and fill with underware and socks and give him his peppermint pattie and Hershey candy bars

the youngest of mine are getting Sarah and i tune gift cad and Mike always wants a card to use on his x box 360  he buy games and what ever .

me I get alot of flowers DH will get me a rose ..

My Aunt wil get a tea with some candies she loves   Uncle I ordered him anew Bible cover it got a large space for papers and pens  and I will give him a box with snacks and candy he wants to give the babies their 1st Bibles and the older ones he going to pick out stuff toys he always wants to buy some toys and book for the school room he wants me to go with him he said Jody will take us over to the book store in Franklin when I go to my DR the my MS DR and his wife they be renting a cabinet and staying at the lake

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Wed, Mar 19 2014 1:11 PM In reply to

DD is 8 & I need to get on with getting something for her basket this year.  I guess I'll stop when she says she's too old or moves out!  DH & I still have three stockings at Christmas: one at our house, one at his parent's house, & one at my parent's house!
  • Wed, Mar 19 2014 4:14 PM In reply to

In my family, even adults get baskets. My mother prepares one for my father, myself, my husband and my brother. I prepare them for my parents, my husband and adult kids besides the little one.

For us, it's about enjoying a time of family and love.

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Wed, Mar 19 2014 8:37 PM In reply to

No major gifts for Easter baskets here. I do recall one Easter tho (childhood) that I got a rabbit plant holder with a green plant in it. I loved it!
  • Mon, Mar 24 2014 9:20 AM In reply to

• map578
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 25 2011
    • Posts 462

I made Easter baskets until my daughters were adults.Now they have their own children and I no longer make them.

For my grand children I was thinking maybe a new outfit for each of them. 

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us