Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

2013 Tax Refunds

Last post Thu, Apr 3 2014 11:44 PM by mommabee. 30 replies.
Page 1 of 4 (31 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jan 29 2014 11:00 AM

2013 Tax Refunds

Tax filing time is here and for many, this means refunds. If you are among those who will be getting money back, do you have a plan for it?

Remember, it's better to plan for your money ahead of time and stick to your plans if you are budgeting or paying off debts. Control means you decide where your money goes and when you are in charge of your money, your finances are better off for it.

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Wed, Jan 29 2014 12:12 PM In reply to

• Walt34
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 17 2007
    • WV eastern panhandle
    • Posts 1,406

Re: 2013 Tax Refunds

If there is a refund it won't be much. Last year it was about enough to take DW out to lunch so that's what we did.
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Money Management
  • Wed, Jan 29 2014 7:25 PM In reply to

it's flagged for the well on my new land.  It won't cover it, but it will go into the "well fund."   It's giving me incentive to do my taxes early so I can get that dug and the pump installed.

• Wed, Jan 29 2014 8:05 PM In reply to

If we get a refund it will go into savings for our future remolding jobs that we plan to do.
    Riley
  • Wed, Jan 29 2014 8:56 PM In reply to

we already got ours done I wrote the check it was more a few dollars less than last year DH and was surprized about how much we made on the farm ... he thinks this is the year he going to give the boys the business, he been retiring for the last 10 years  hehehe

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Wed, Jan 29 2014 8:57 PM In reply to

Walt: Smart man not to get a refund! Takes good planning not to give our gov't our money to use for free for a year! :) We usually get a small refund from state and a small bill from federal and they balance each other out. Any 'extra' dollars that would come in we automatically give at least 10% away.
  • Sat, Feb 1 2014 3:51 PM In reply to

This is our first full year with me not working.  We increased DH's contributions to his 401K to reduce the tax hit & it looks like we did ok.  I just ran the numbers for federal & state returns quickly, & we will get a small refund from each this year, so perhaps we will go out to dinner, too!

• Sun, Feb 2 2014 4:05 PM In reply to

No idea what is in store for me this year. Last January I increased my withholdings because I wanted more take home pay and a smaller refund this year. I did not take the max I could've. I think the formula said I could take, like 5 or 6, and I upped it from 1 to 3. However, I had the surprise of my new son! Will be fun to see what happens when I file.
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in the General forum
  • Sun, Feb 2 2014 11:30 PM In reply to

Expect and hope to break even this year. We'll see. AM
  • Tue, Feb 4 2014 8:51 AM In reply to

I hope no one is having to pay in too much.

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
Page 1 of 4 (31 items) 1 2 3 4 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us