Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

mozz cheese balls

Last post Tue, Jan 28 2014 3:16 PM by Gayla57. 6 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Jan 24 2014 4:31 AM

mozz cheese balls

Saw this on Facebook and had to share. We are making this on Super Bowl Sunday.

Chop mozzarella string cheese into bite-size pieces. Dip in milk and then bread crumbs. Bake at 425* for 8-10 when bread crumb coating is toasty brown. Serve with marinara sauce on the side. I think I'll use Italian bread crumbs when I do this.

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in the General forum
  • Sat, Jan 25 2014 11:38 AM In reply to

Re: mozz cheese balls

Treva, I'd be interested to see how these turn out after you make them.  My daughter and I split an 8 pound block of mozzarella that we found on sale for $1.49/#, so I have plenty at the moment. I'm wondering if they will be crispy without any kind of oil at least being spritzed on.

Carol
    western NC
  • Sun, Jan 26 2014 2:06 AM In reply to

sounds like something my guys would like  - what kind of sauce would you use ?

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Sun, Jan 26 2014 2:06 AM In reply to

sounds like something my guys would like  - what kind of sauce would you use ?

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Tue, Jan 28 2014 6:52 AM In reply to

Everyone in my house liked them. We dipped them in marinara sauce. The one change I will make next time is to use panko bread crumbs. I just add my own seasoning.

Also if you like spicy I actually used pepper jack string cheese and are those plain. Watch them carefully. Too long and they flatten!

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in the General forum
  • Tue, Jan 28 2014 10:24 AM In reply to

I think Pioneer Woman has a fried version, LOL.
    Erika
  • Tue, Jan 28 2014 3:16 PM In reply to

I made the with panko and delicous I think i remember something like that in her first book .

Gayla57

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us