Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Filing your taxes

Last post Sun, Jan 26 2014 10:09 AM by haverwench. 12 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (13 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Jan 16 2014 9:18 AM

Filing your taxes

It's time think taxes. Today we have choices on how we do our taxes.

What do you use to file your taxes, by paper, software, an account?

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Thu, Jan 16 2014 10:06 AM In reply to

Re: Filing your taxes

WE do it with software online, Babs

• Thu, Jan 16 2014 11:42 AM In reply to

Don't know whether our situation is uniquely good. We are eligible for free tax prep at the Senior Center. The lady in ours is so good that we got unexpected returns from previous years when we had used TurboTax. AM
  • Thu, Jan 16 2014 12:06 PM In reply to

we use an accountant all the stuff there already she told me we be ok

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Thu, Jan 16 2014 8:29 PM In reply to

I use Turbotax software online each year. Could find cheaper software but it's faster with Turbo since they have our details filled in already.

As our taxes became more complicated I contacted an accountant last year. However she sent me a lot of forms to fill in and she estimated it'll cost us about $200-250 for her time. Our situation doesn't warrant an accountant's help imo - not like she can get us $250 more since we don't have a business or anything like that. Just 2 W2 with a few common assets.
  • Fri, Jan 17 2014 11:27 AM In reply to

I use an accountant.  It's one of my big "splurges" because I loathe doing the forms so much I'm willing to pay someone else to do them even though I have a pretty simple return (single, no dependents and until recently, owned nothing of real value).

• Fri, Jan 17 2014 11:33 AM In reply to

I have used an accountant, this year I am changing to one who is will do taxes out of her kitchen, and charge half price. I fill out most of it ahead of time. I am pretty good, but do have a lot of employers, some contract work, and I want to make sure it is correct. 

• Fri, Jan 17 2014 3:13 PM In reply to

• Walt34
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on Mon, Dec 17 2007
    • WV eastern panhandle
    • Posts 1,406

We use tax software at home (not online). Usually TurboTax but sometimes others. Our returns are pretty simple with few deductions, no debt, and for 2013 just pension and job income.

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Money Management
  • Fri, Jan 17 2014 6:53 PM In reply to

We'll be using tax software again ... just looking around to see which one has the best deal.

www.dodgeandweave.blogspot.com
  • Sun, Jan 19 2014 7:44 AM In reply to

TurboTax online. I pay the fees to roll over my info from last year and to file my state taxes online as well. Considering my return this is a good investment for me. Since DH gets SSDI, I just file for me and the kids.
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in the General forum
Page 1 of 2 (13 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us