Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Does anyone else have a wok ? and what do you make in yours

Last post Mon, Feb 17 2014 2:38 AM by Ashleylee. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 13 2014 1:35 PM

Does anyone else have a wok ? and what do you make in yours

I make fried rice all the time alitte bit of leftover veggies and some meat and we are are in business . 

I love chicken and broccoli and rice dishes 

and we do sticky ribs and black bean that to die for .

and we make all kind of things  ......... My DH actually pops popcorn in the big wok .

do you have a wok and what do you make in it

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Mon, Jan 13 2014 8:56 PM In reply to

Re: Does anyone else have a wok ? and what do you make in yours

Yes, fried rice and fried rice-type dishes and stir-fried veggies. AM
  • Thu, Jan 16 2014 8:22 PM In reply to

I cook fried rice and stir fry in my usual frying pans. Why is it beneficial to have a wok?
  • Fri, Jan 17 2014 8:37 AM In reply to

Ive had woks several times. I always end up getting rid of them. They take up so much space and I use my regular pans like gloomydog.
  • Mon, Feb 17 2014 1:12 AM In reply to

Popcorn! You're the first person I've ever heard say they do that as well. I actually really like the wok surface for apples-- I peel them, core them, set them in the wok once it's hot and pour butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, a little nutmeg and more butter over the top of them and inside the cores. The heat distributes just enough that they get nice and caramelly around the sides and bottom and can be lifted out almost whole with a ladle.
    Filed under: , ,
  • Mon, Feb 17 2014 2:38 AM In reply to

We family love stir-fry food. So I usually use it for stirring and frying rice and some dishes. Have a good master of fire control is important to make your dishes delicious.

Let us share beauty around together!
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us