Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Anyone an Amazon Prime member?

Last post Fri, Jan 17 2014 5:38 PM by divamagenta. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (15 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Jan 12 2014 11:12 AM

Anyone an Amazon Prime member?

Is anyone an Amazon Prime member? My co-worker has been telling me for months how much he loves it and uses it – I’m seriously considering it.

I can buy my dog and cat food at a very good price (less than the store) and have it delivered in two days for free. Since the place I buy it is 5 miles out of my way, this can actually save me gas. I also buy the 48 pound bag which is pretty heavy.

I like the idea of being able to purchase gifts at close to the last minute and have them delivered so quickly.

I’ve been tossing around the idea of a Kindle and know they have quite a few books for free, as well as tv shows and movies (I do have Netflix though).

If you’re an Amazon Prime member, do you buy anything regularly? If so what? Is it worth the $80 per month?

Susan
    It's all about Love!
  • Sun, Jan 12 2014 11:43 AM In reply to

Re: Anyone an Amazon Prime member?

Grannie Sue ; Yep I really enjoy Amazon Prime...free movies with wi-fi....lots n lots of books on line some free and almost all others very discounted I have 4 family members currently use it! Deb
  • Sun, Jan 12 2014 12:28 PM In reply to

I have Amazon Prime and I definitely get my money out of it. It has anannual fee of $79, not a monthly fee. Don't count on them to deliver last-minute orders at Christmas, they're dependent on UPS, who didn't get everything delivered on time and I can tell you they're still not back on track. However, that is an exception and we've only had one order that didn't make it on time and that was because of the weather earlier this week. I also have a first generation Kindle and it's ok. I'm sure Amazon has greatly improved them since I got mine. It's real advantage is that it's very easy to read books on them. Jill
  • Sun, Jan 12 2014 12:52 PM In reply to

we have a prime member account and yes it worth it to us Dh orders paper for the plotter and gets it for the best price we ever had and if some want some on othe paper usually it just over night  several family memmbers have kindles and use alot  ....the boys like to order chip and snacks ...

I do get diapers direct from the companies cheaper that Amazon - but since our book store gone books prices are great and we donate them to the library and cloth diapers you can't beat the price .

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Sun, Jan 12 2014 1:25 PM In reply to

You can try Amazon Prime for free by signing up for Amazon Mom.

Join Amazon Mom

When you join Amazon Mom, you can take advantage of three months of FREE Two-Day Shipping with Amazon Prime, 20% off diapers and wipes, other promotions for parents, and a 30 day trial of Prime Instant Video.

To join Amazon Mom:

1. Go to Join Amazon Mom.
    2. Click Join now.
    3. Enter the requested information about your family.
    4. Click Join Amazon Mom.       
  • Sun, Jan 12 2014 8:36 PM In reply to

• map578
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 25 2011
    • Posts 462

deblane-az:
    Grannie Sue ; Yep I really enjoy Amazon Prime...free movies with wi-fi....lots n lots of books on line some free and almost all others very discounted I have 4 family members currently use it! Deb

We have it for the same reasons.

• Sun, Jan 12 2014 10:02 PM In reply to

• Sea
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 24 2013
    • Posts 874

Do you have to have a Kindle to get something out of Prime? What are the exact benefits?

• Mon, Jan 13 2014 7:11 AM In reply to

I’m a fan of Amazon. I’ve recently joined Amazon Prime. It’s good value for money. I have a lot of purchases from there so I’ve been trying to find a way to create a digital inventory of all of them where I can include all the information that comes with each purchase. I’ve come across an Amazon purchase tool called Unioncy (www.unioncy.com) that automatically creates a catalogue of all my belongings. I’m curious to hear if anyone else has tried and can share their experience? Seems to be quite useful to me.
    Filed under: ,
  • Mon, Jan 13 2014 8:07 AM In reply to

No, you don't need a Kindle to get the benefits of Prime. There are 2 main benefits of having Amazon Prime: for the $79/year membership, you get free 2-day shipping on items that are listed as Prime eligible. Not all items are Prime eligible, but a lot of them are. The other benefit is that you can download free content, as in books, TV shows, etc that are marked as Prime eligible. I believe there is a Kindle app you can download to a computer that is not a Kindle. I don't know a lot about that, maybe someone else can chime in with that information.

Jill

• Mon, Jan 13 2014 9:00 AM In reply to

Map578: I get excited just knowing a " free loaned book" is in my future every month :)
Page 1 of 2 (15 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us