Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Financial Abundance in 2014

Last post Sat, Jul 19 2014 8:40 PM by tracyinmn. 128 replies.
Page 5 of 13 (129 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, Jan 20 2014 5:28 PM In reply to

Re: Financial Abundance in 2014

tracyinmn:
    Come Sept, I will have two in college, I don't think it will get easier.

Tracy,

You have to change this sentence to make it affirmative. Things are getting easier for you because you have a plan. Know that all is well in your life and choose to make it so. Remind yourself of this each and every single day and you are going to see changes little by little.

Cheers,

Shawn

You control your money. Don't let your money control you!
  • Wed, Jan 22 2014 1:23 AM In reply to

Well that proves why he is your ex!   At least the kids know you do your best! unfortunately too common a story isn't it.

• Wed, Jan 22 2014 10:33 AM In reply to

Thanks Martha and Shawn! 

Changing the sentence:  In September, I will be happy to have two kids in college pursuing their dreams, knowing I have reduced my debt to be able to have funds to help them!  

This Friday's paycheck will have the 8 extra hours on, I am looking forward to paying it directly towards the college bill. I have an extra shift scheduled in Feb. 

• Fri, Jan 24 2014 6:05 PM In reply to

tracyinmn:

Thanks Martha and Shawn! 

Changing the sentence:  In September, I will be happy to have two kids in college pursuing their dreams, knowing I have reduced my debt to be able to have funds to help them!  

This Friday's paycheck will have the 8 extra hours on, I am looking forward to paying it directly towards the college bill. I have an extra shift scheduled in Feb. 

Better to keep it in the present tense. Sounds strange, but it's even better to say, "I am happy to have two kids in college pursuing their dreams, knowing I have reduced my debt to be able to have funds to help them"

Keep the faith and know that all is well.

Cheers,

Shawn

• Tue, Jan 28 2014 6:51 PM In reply to

Friday I made another cc payment. All bills are paid for second half of month. I get paid on Friday & will start on the bills for the first half of February.
  • Fri, Jan 31 2014 3:12 PM In reply to

Paid off small loan at the bank and have some left for savings.

retired 

• Sat, Feb 1 2014 5:58 AM In reply to

Whitney and Retired,

Great news from both of you. Let's keep up the great wrok as we move into the 2nd month of the year. I finally resolved my issue with Sallie Mae, after witing to them about 10 times. It was fun and a test in patience, which is what I also need to work on this year, so, in the end, it was a good thing. Looking at all that I have learned last year and will apply it to this year.

Cheers,

Shawn

• Sat, Feb 1 2014 8:16 AM In reply to

Shawn good news that your Sallie Mae problems are being resolved. Keep up the good work and thank you for keeping this post going. Babs

• Sat, Feb 1 2014 2:30 PM In reply to

My pleasure, Babs. Thanks so much for your participation. We all know that financial abundance is within our reach, but, our thoughts and actions must be in line with it all.

I just added up how much money I spent for the entire month of January and was I surprised. I still see ways to save even more and I am well on my way to get my spending habits back under control.

Shawn

• Tue, Feb 4 2014 3:04 PM In reply to

All bills paid for first half of the month!  I'll make a cc payment on Friday.
Page 5 of 13 (129 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last »

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us