Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Financial Abundance in 2014

Last post Sat, Jul 19 2014 8:40 PM by tracyinmn. 128 replies.
Page 12 of 13 (129 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 22 2014 5:36 PM In reply to

Re: Financial Abundance in 2014

We were able to put some in savings again this week.

retired 

• Thu, Apr 24 2014 5:35 AM In reply to

• swedluv
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 8 2008
    • North Carolina
    • Posts 1,713

Keep at it everyone, we can do this! I have the first deferred interest promo taken care of with Home Depot. I have to call this afternoon and get things set up for the second one. I am thinking of using today's tips to pay on the visa, which should bring it to about $400 (unless I am really busy today). Or just pay more on Home Depot which would probably be best...ugh! Decisions!
    Lynn

• Thu, Apr 24 2014 10:46 PM In reply to

I paid too much on the credit card, and now will need to use it for food!  One step forward, one step back this pay period. 

• Fri, Apr 25 2014 11:26 AM In reply to

I may have made the same mistake Tracy.  I will know after the weekend.  I paid $200 extra on an account before I knew the yard man was going to be able to do the vacant lot this week.

retired 

• Mon, May 5 2014 11:22 AM In reply to

Made a little extra payment on cc Friday. DH sees how much he is using cc to eat out & has decided to get back on the wagon. I have used it a few times myself, so I'm back on too. My longevity payment from work is going toward new tires for my car. There should be a little left & that will go toward cc as well. May is a bad month here because our truck, car & camper insurance are all due. Extra cc payment would have been more otherwise. Must keep moving foward!
  • Fri, May 9 2014 3:23 PM In reply to

The tires didn't cost as much as I thought they would, so I was able to make another cc payment this week.
  • Fri, May 16 2014 10:27 AM In reply to

Making another dent in the cc debt today. All bills paid for May.
  • Fri, May 16 2014 1:28 PM In reply to

Debt or dent, whitney?  

I paid the lawyer bill a little, rotating bills!  

• Fri, May 16 2014 5:50 PM In reply to

We've made several changes to our lifestyle, some small (less fast food) and some drastic (moving to a multigenerational living arrangement with the in laws). I was not happy about the multigenerational thing...but our households are able to function independently. Now We are breathing a bit easier, now that we've freed up some money to address outstanding debts, and even budget for some family fun. Next project...the yard sale. In our recent move, I realized that we have way too much STUFF! It's time to turn our family's excess into cash!

Philippians 4:19

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus
  • Fri, May 16 2014 5:57 PM In reply to

timzagain, happy that your move is working out. We have done that in the past. then my Mom had to move in with us due to her finances. It isnt always easy but certainly helps with finances. Babs

Page 12 of 13 (129 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us