Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Financial Abundance in 2014

Last post Sat, Jul 19 2014 8:40 PM by tracyinmn. 128 replies.
Page 11 of 13 (129 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Mar 27 2014 7:01 PM In reply to

Re: Financial Abundance in 2014

I would do Home Depot as fast as possible.  

• Fri, Mar 28 2014 4:05 PM In reply to

We paid off an account today and it's such a relief.  The payment came at a bad time of the month pay check wise.  Now I will use some of it on another account.

retired 

• Sun, Mar 30 2014 10:08 PM In reply to

As I was making out our April budget today I realized that the only credit card we have used (besides using for reservations but paying cash when we got there) was the card I use to buy clothes thru a catalog.  And I haven't used it since last August.

I am so proud of us!

retired 

• Fri, Apr 4 2014 5:26 AM In reply to

• swedluv
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Sun, Jun 8 2008
    • North Carolina
    • Posts 1,713

Great Job Retired!!! That is awesome!
    Lynn

• Sun, Apr 6 2014 10:56 PM In reply to

Retired, good job!  Progress.

• Wed, Apr 9 2014 6:01 AM In reply to

• swedluv
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • North Carolina
    • Posts 1,713

Paid $150 on the visa, balance down to $468. Paid $135 on home depot (minimum) but it wasn't due until the 4th of May, so now to start putting extra toward those deferred interest promos. Hoping to have the first one ($395.75) paid off this month! Not gonna sweat the visa so much, interest is only $6/month for it.
    Lynn

• Thu, Apr 10 2014 6:14 PM In reply to

Paid extra on 2 accounts today--a big hit on one of them.

retired 

• Fri, Apr 11 2014 5:24 AM In reply to

• swedluv
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • North Carolina
    • Posts 1,713

Go get 'em retired! Good Job! Paid the regular payment on the Harley this morning. Also paid $230 on Home Depot. that leaves $165.75 on the first promo. Next week I will be focusing on Lowes to knock a dent in it as the minimum is $268, bringing the total balance down to $6821. I think that rotating weeks between these two will work best.
    Lynn

• Wed, Apr 16 2014 9:00 AM In reply to

Way to go everyone. Let's keep up the good work well into this year. I am still saving for my deferred student loans and will knock them out starting in December. Still saving like crazy and am doing spring cleaning, to get rid of the old and let in the new. I feel so much lighter and have quite a ways to go.

Still progressing little by little by not eating out as much and am doing a vegetarian diet. Fresh fruits and veggies are so much cheaper in Spain, in general, than in the USA. I now make bulk lentils and rice and will have them with roasted cauliflower or sweet potatoes. I do not limit myself in the kitchen.

Will update again soon.

Cheers,

Shawn

You control your money. Don't let your money control you!
  • Tue, Apr 22 2014 11:41 AM In reply to

All bills paid for April.  I paid extra on cc.
Page 11 of 13 (129 items) « First ... < Previous 9 10 11 12 13 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us