Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

weight loss

Last post 04-15-2014 6:26 PM by rosey7415. 73 replies.
Page 1 of 8 (74 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-30-2013 9:01 AM

weight loss

Edited - to remove spam....

How do you lose weight in a healthy and frugal way?

• 12-30-2013 10:21 AM In reply to

Re: weight loss

Lets turn this into a real discussion. Anyone trying to lose some weight? Share your goal and plans.

I need to lose at least ten pounds. Seems like I say that every year. Hard to excercise in the winter in Vt. I work inside with kids. By the time, I am finished it is dark and cold. I do exercise indoors but its not the same . Babs 

• 12-30-2013 12:10 PM In reply to

Anyone else trying to lose weight? Of course, Babs!

I read (I'm going to have to try to keep track of where I read this stuff...) that what you eat is more important than exercise when it comes to losing weight. I want to lose 20 pounds by July and am going to start with a major diet adjustment. More fruit, water and veggies. I'm going to start with increasing water consumption and adding 1 fruit a day (I'm really not a fruit fan) and a salad at lunch most days. That's my January goal. I'll weigh in tomorrow and will actually start my water habit today. 2 liters/day.

Susan
    It's all about Love!
  • 12-30-2013 12:22 PM In reply to

I need to drink more water too. I'm going easy and on a 'one' diet....only 'one' helping of anything, only 'one' scoop of that ice cream or cookie etc..Healthy is probably more important than quantity. Unlike Grannie Sue, I love fruits but don't care for many veggies!
  • 12-30-2013 12:24 PM In reply to

I need to lose quite a bit of weight, but am going to focus on 10 pounds first; don't want to get overwhelmed.  I already eat a lot of fruit and veg, but need to be better about drinking water; it's rather hit or miss with drinking a lot some days and hardly any other days, so need to do that 2 liters daily.  My biggest challenge (and the thing I feel will help me the most) is to monitor/reduce carb consumption.  Gonna focus on that and see if it helps.

Babs, a couple of years ago you mentioned an exercise program that you watched/did in the mornings.  Does that still come on and, if so, is it on a national channel, or a local station?  I would be interested in something like that.

Carol
    western NC
  • 12-30-2013 3:23 PM In reply to

I confess...I havent done it since early summer. It was on Direct TV channel, not local. I will try to remember and check to see if it is still on . I will post which channel if it is still there, Babs

• 12-30-2013 5:31 PM In reply to

Well, you probably didn't need to.  With all the kids you kept during the summer and going to the park everyday, you got plenty of activity. If you happen to come across it, that would be good, but don't worry about it.  Maybe I'll check the library and see what kind of exercise dvd's they have.  I'll have to start slow though, so couldn't use one of those insane high-intensity workouts like they advertise on tv.  May never be up to doing those lol.

Thank you Babs. 

Carol
    western NC
  • 12-30-2013 5:34 PM In reply to

I'm in dire need of losing about 30-35 pounds. As well, my mother needs to lose over 100 pounds (although if she only loses 50 her health will still vastly improve). When she moves near me at the end of January, we plan to join WW together. In the meantime, I'm going to start trying to work in a bit of exercise every day, drink more water and less Diet Coke, and cleanse my system of all the sugary/salty junk I've been indulging in this past month. Luckily the scale doesn't show a gain, but I'm paying for my poor choices in other ways, like a rise in my A1c and blood sugar numbers. Tongue Tied  Time to get my health back! Big Smile

"The business of life is the acquisition of memories." --Mr. Carson
  • 12-30-2013 10:00 PM In reply to

Oh yes, 20 pounds would be a good start. Mean to cut way back on carbs, my favorite food group, and increase my veggie consumption. Should exercise, but haven't found anything other than gardening that I'm willing to stick with. May temporarily rejoin Weight Watchers. They sent me a coupon. Look forward to de-cluttering most of my current wardrobe and wearing those pretty things that are taking up space in my closet. AM
  • 12-30-2013 10:38 PM In reply to

Look forward to de-cluttering most of my current wardrobe and wearing those pretty things that are taking up space in my closet. 

I'm really looking forward to wearing all the jeans stacked in my closet in the next size down! I wouldn't have to buy a single pair if I lost fifteen pounds or so. Stick out tongue  And I got the WW coupon, too. And several emails. I think they're trying to tell me something. LOL!

"The business of life is the acquisition of memories." --Mr. Carson
Page 1 of 8 (74 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us