Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Diving in Head First

Last post Wed, May 28 2014 8:44 PM by Maggie Trudeau. 42 replies.
Page 1 of 5 (43 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Dec 6 2013 8:39 PM

Diving in Head First

Some of you may remember that I've been shopping for land for a few years...well, just put an offer on 36 acres this afternoon!   Here's hoping I can work something out with the seller.   The land isn't perfect (it's next to a major highway...but "major highway" in north idaho isn't as bad as "major highway" in los angeles...and at least I know it will be plowed now and then), but it's pretty good and plenty of it for me and some bees and chickens.   Scary though to finally try to spend the money I've been saving up for 10 years.

• Fri, Dec 6 2013 10:29 PM In reply to

Re: Diving in Head First

Good for you Maggie, let us know how it goes.

• Fri, Dec 6 2013 11:34 PM In reply to

good luck

• Sat, Dec 7 2013 12:37 AM In reply to

How exciting! A new adventure in life! Good luck!
  • Sat, Dec 7 2013 1:16 AM In reply to

Sounds great. Good luck. 

• Sat, Dec 7 2013 5:12 PM In reply to

• grame
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 22 2011
    • Kingdom of Callaway
    • Posts 1,950

Really great news.  Going to be a lot of work, but nothing you can't handle!  I know you have been working towards this goal for a long time, so enjoy.

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~Susan B. Anthony
  • Sat, Dec 7 2013 5:13 PM In reply to

• grame
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Tue, Feb 22 2011
    • Kingdom of Callaway
    • Posts 1,950

Really great news.  Going to be a lot of work, but nothing you can't handle!  I know you have been working towards this goal for a long time, so enjoy.

I declare to you that woman must not depend upon the protection of man, but must be taught to protect herself, and there I take my stand. ~Susan B. Anthony
  • Sat, Dec 7 2013 10:33 PM In reply to

What excitement. Looking forward to hearing how you develop it to suit you. AM
  • Sat, Dec 7 2013 11:41 PM In reply to

36 acres!!! Wow that is so exciting! Congrats and good luck! That a Lot of chicken and bees!
    Henry Ward Beecher wrote, "It is not what we take up, but what we give up, that makes us rich."

• Sun, Dec 8 2013 12:48 AM In reply to

Maggie is the property on hwy 93? and how much is in timber? is there a house and barn, trailer or just empty land? do you have fences? creeks or springs?

Page 1 of 5 (43 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us