Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

The Color of Employment

Last post Sun, Mar 30 2014 12:06 PM by tracyinmn. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Nov 22 2013 7:29 AM

The Color of Employment

Does color matter when you are going on a job interview?

I knew that looking professional or appropriate for the job is important but I never gave much thought to what colors might be more alluring to an employer. I can see a brassy, outlandish mix looking less professional but which color is best? Black, blue, white?

Have you had colors make any difference for you?

AOL thinks it may matter, check it out.

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Fri, Nov 22 2013 7:20 PM In reply to

Re: The Color of Employment

I can well imagine why blue is selected as choice. It would likely be my preference if going job-hunting. AM
  • Sat, Nov 23 2013 1:56 AM In reply to

• vivid
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 2 2013
    • Posts 594

Well, i prefer black and white:)
  • Mon, Dec 2 2013 11:39 AM In reply to

My goodness, I am so relieved that this thread is about *clothing* colors. I was afraid we were going to hear a depressing story about someone who suspected having been turned down for a job because of skin color.
    My Ecofrugal Living blog: ecofrugality.blogspot.com
  • Sun, Mar 30 2014 12:06 PM In reply to

I bought kind of a different color blue suit and a slightly metalic shell, and got the job six months ago.  I wanted to look kind of trendy due to my age and experience, I wanted to say that I was up to date.  I was a little older and didn't have much experience in this field. It worked for me!  I went to a more expensive department store and had someone help me find one. 
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us