Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Bakery Outlet Store

Last post Fri, Oct 18 2013 6:39 PM by LWolfT. 7 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Oct 17 2013 2:06 PM

Bakery Outlet Store

I have not been to a bakery outlet in a few years. I have not even seen one in awhile. I used to get great deals on wheat bread, rolls and snack cakes.

Do these still exist and what are the prices and quality like now?

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Thu, Oct 17 2013 3:22 PM In reply to

• ArielDawn
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jun 26 2008
    • Connecticut
    • Posts 560

Re: Bakery Outlet Store

They seem to be fewer and far between but I found a Freihoffer outlet on the way home from work (slight detour).   On Tuesdays and Fridays sliced bread, rolls, bagels, and English muffins are 3 for $3.  I've gone twice now in the past month - did a two week stock up each time.   I put what wouldnt' be used in the first few days in the freezer each time and the quality has been good.   They have also had some good deals on snack cakes, donuts, etc.   Last trip I got 4 loaves of bread, two loaves of raisin bread, two bags of mini bagels, two regular bags of bagels, 1 English muffin, 1 hot dog roll, 1 hamburg roll, snack cakes and donuts for $20. 

It's worthwhile to do a quick online search for any baker outlets in your area.   

Dawn
  • Thu, Oct 17 2013 5:44 PM In reply to

We did have two. One was a Hostess which closed when they went out of business. The other one closed too, they decided that it wasn't worth it to their business so now they just throw the bread away, Sad isn't it. Babs

• Thu, Oct 17 2013 7:07 PM In reply to

I so miss those outlet stores as kids we would be so thrilled when the parents would come in with a large sack of goodies. Mother had an old fridge in one room she kept things she didn't want us to eat until she got ready and we usually didn't mess with it because when you tried to open the door it would shock the daylights out of you. We got smart and found the largest math towel wrapped the handle and served ourselves.
  • Fri, Oct 18 2013 7:39 AM In reply to

LInda, smart kids. lol, Babs

• Fri, Oct 18 2013 9:06 AM In reply to

There used to be an independent one by me years ago.  My favorite bread, Koepplinger's - the one full of nuts and seeds - was less than a $1 a loaf and fresh!

Now that I avoid gluten, I don't visit them but I know of 2.  One is Pepperidge Farm store at the outlet mall in Howell, MI and the other is a Hostess outlet store about a mile away from me. 

Susan
    It's all about Love!
  • Fri, Oct 18 2013 2:42 PM In reply to

There's a Stroehman's about twenty miles from here. Although I've never stopped I have friends who did and loaded up on the markdown's. They seemed to be satisfied with their purchases.

Sometimes the local grocers mark down their bread items, but less frequently than they used to.

budgetwise

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Ps. 139:14
  • Fri, Oct 18 2013 6:39 PM In reply to

There's an Aunt Millie's outlet near me, but it seems to have odd hours .... I've never been there when it was open.

www.dodgeandweave.blogspot.com
Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us