Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

cabbage and potato soup

Last post Wed, Oct 16 2013 7:50 PM by Gingernut. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 16 2013 10:46 AM

cabbage and potato soup

cabbage and potato soup  

4 cups coarsely shredded cabbage

2 medium potatoes,peeled chopped

1 cup onion chopped

2 (15 oz) cans diced tomatoes

3 tablespoons of lemon juice

2 Tablespoon of sugar plus 2 teaspoons  ( I cut it down to 2 teaspoons sugar  our canned tomatoes just dont neeed it )

in a large potcombine cabbage, potatoes , onion and 3 cups of water . cover and cook on meduim for 15 minutes .

add the remaiining  ingredients.

bring to a boil cover and reduce to low simmer for 45 minutes to 1 hour , or until the pototes are tender  

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Wed, Oct 16 2013 7:50 PM In reply to

Re: cabbage and potato soup

This one sounds yummy!  I will have to try it next time I get some cabbage.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us