Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Do You Use a Pricebook?

Last post Fri, Oct 4 2013 6:57 PM by LWolfT. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Oct 2 2013 8:56 PM

Do You Use a Pricebook?

Many of our grandmothers wrote down prices for items they purchased to keep track of things.

It's still a great method. Do you use a price book? How do you organize it?
    $ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Wed, Oct 2 2013 9:18 PM In reply to

Re: Do You Use a Pricebook?

I used to but then quit. Was just thinking of starting that up again as the prices are all over the map from one week to the next! For instance, eggs have been $1.49) Now .88dz. Huh? I like those door busters tho. Keep 'em coming. When I did the price book I just did my regular shopping one week, kept the receipts and began keeping track on a form on my computer. The form included: date, item, price, store where bought. Easy to begin a price book that way.
  • Wed, Oct 2 2013 11:19 PM In reply to

Don't actually keep one because when I've tried, I found that I wanted to track too many things and couldn't keep track. AM
  • Fri, Oct 4 2013 11:21 AM In reply to

I kept one before Brian and I split. In my old one i kept track of the item, thecweight, the price and the price per ouncecor pound. The stores i purchased from, and of course sale prices vs. Regular prices. Im working on making a new pricebook now. And will utilize thecsame method of recording information as i used in the past.
    ~*~Angie~*~

• Fri, Oct 4 2013 12:05 PM In reply to

I have in the past, mostly when the house was full.  I was overwhelmed trying to keep track of everything, but I just might start up again.  It was incredibly helpful but cumbersome to lug to the stores. Now with my smart phone it should be easier to take with me.

Susan
    It's all about Love!
  • Fri, Oct 4 2013 6:57 PM In reply to

I've started using my smartphone to make a small pricebook.  I list  a few of my most-used items, and their prices at various stores.  It's come in handy a few times!

www.dodgeandweave.blogspot.com
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us