Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

12 Days of Prepping Christmas

Last post Sat, Nov 9 2013 9:37 PM by timzagain. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Sep 5 2013 10:37 AM

12 Days of Prepping Christmas

I found this novel idea for a Christmas gift for a loved one who could use help in getting a well stocked pantry.

http://foodstorageandsurvival.com/twelve-days-of-christmas-food-storage-style/
    $ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Sun, Sep 8 2013 10:48 PM In reply to

Re: 12 Days of Prepping Christmas

Love the gift tags to go with each day's present. AM
  • Mon, Sep 9 2013 1:19 AM In reply to

Anna Marie:
    Love the gift tags to go with each day's present. AM

The tags were adorable!

• Tue, Sep 24 2013 10:26 PM In reply to

• vivid
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 2 2013
    • Posts 594

Great idea!!!
  • Thu, Sep 26 2013 2:50 PM In reply to

• map578
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 25 2011
    • Posts 462

Years ago I was given my first bread maker and my mil gave me a huge basket with all kinds of King Arthur baking supplies in it for Christmas. I loved it! It stands out in mind to this day.

• Sat, Nov 9 2013 9:37 PM In reply to

Over the past few years, I've been slipping in some emergency preparedness items into the stockings - flashlights, emergency whistles, that sort of thing. This year I am including a penknife thingy - with fork, spoon, knife, can & bottle opener that fold away neatly. Not award winning quality, but it will do the job for now. I'm not in a financial situation to be buying high-end tools for 6 people at one go. I'm concerned about the DD who is away at college, who doesn't take emergency preparedness nearly as seriously as I'd like! I'm trying to figure out how to slip in additional emergency supplies without inciting a riot. My family will not be amused if their stocking stuffers look like the government's hurricane prep list!

Philippians 4:19

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us