Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

September Food/Grocery Budgeting, Shopping & Menu Planning

Last post Sun, Sep 29 2013 3:04 PM by retired. 48 replies.
Page 1 of 5 (49 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Sep 4 2013 12:22 AM

September Food/Grocery Budgeting, Shopping & Menu Planning

Happy September everyone. Please feel free to share your food/grocery budgets, shopping and sale finds, frugal strategies, restock goals, seasonal food needs (I know a lot of people are starting to collect food and items for emergency disaster prep), meals and menu planning - the whole sha-bang!
    I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • Wed, Sep 4 2013 1:46 AM In reply to

Re: September Food/Grocery Budgeting, Shopping & Menu Planning

I need to get some things for school, some things that people can eat for breakfast and some drinks.  I need a bunch of dinner items!  I am planning on buying some stuff tomorrow, my day off. 

• Wed, Sep 4 2013 12:14 PM In reply to

did some shopping yesterday at 10% off day at safeway.  basics ..some deals like bogo yogurt, juice boxes ...my goal to use as much as possilble in the house this month !  spent $68  have a lot of baking items, meat etc so really just the basics. 

ordered keurig kcups for myself from the website since there was free shipping.  good price.. expensive habit compared to drip coffee.  dh like more med so have enough of those already. I like dark.

• Wed, Sep 4 2013 4:55 PM In reply to

Menus to start the month:

Meat sauce spaghetti
    Burritos
    Lemon chicken on rice
    Vegetable soup and grilled cheese
    Steak and potato soup
    Steak
    Pigs in the blanket
    Southwestern hot dogs
    Pork teriyaki
    Pork fried rice
    Grilled chicken
    Chicken noodle soup

$ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Wed, Sep 4 2013 8:11 PM In reply to

Brandy, what kind of vegetable soup do you plan to make? Yesterday, Tuesday, I replaced my crock pot since I cracked the bowl in my other one... bummer... I got a 7 quart now and can't wait to start making my soups again. Two weeks without a workable crock pot was torture on me lol
    I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • Wed, Sep 4 2013 9:29 PM In reply to

BargainBistro:
    Brandy, what kind of vegetable soup do you plan to make? Yesterday, Tuesday, I replaced my crock pot since I cracked the bowl in my other one... bummer... I got a 7 quart now and can't wait to start making my soups again. Two weeks without a workable crock pot was torture on me lol

Only you, BB. Only you. Big Smile

Thanks for starting this thread.

budgetwise

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Ps. 139:14
  • Wed, Sep 4 2013 10:01 PM In reply to

Thanks BW, I guess I am really attached to them but have gone through so many and the price to buy a new bowl that fits really isn't worth it so I got a basic 7 quart crock pot at Kmart... checked all the stores and sales and they had the best deal. I'd love a 8 quart or so one that is digital but knowing my luck with crock pots I don't dare spend all that. Let's see how this Big Red works for me... hey, new name, he's Big Red.
  • Thu, Sep 5 2013 5:42 PM In reply to

BB-Do yyou just use the one big crock pot or do have other smaller ones also?

retired

• Thu, Sep 5 2013 6:14 PM In reply to

I put corn, peas and green beans into my soup. Sometimes I do a more elaborate one but the basic one is a cheap food.
    $ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Fri, Sep 6 2013 6:58 PM In reply to

I can't seem to stay out of the grocery stores the last couple weeks! However, I AM doing a good job using what I have.

Tonight I made a big pot of soup with chicken wings, sliced cabbage, fresh green beans, carrot, onion, garlic, diced potato, some cauliflower and a little kielbasa.  It was yummy and totally filling. There's enough left for tomorrow.

I could get by for a week of not shopping, but I will probably need coffee beans and 1/2 & 1/2, plus some bread.

I really need to behave myself because I'm expecting company this month and need a little extra cash for day trips and groceries.

budgetwise

"I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well." Ps. 139:14
Page 1 of 5 (49 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us