Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

What to do with Leftover baked potatoes?

Last post 01-01-2009 5:57 AM by Virginia Needlewoman. 19 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-26-2008 7:15 PM

What to do with Leftover baked potatoes?

Ideas por favor!

Carmina

• 02-26-2008 7:29 PM In reply to

• Pat
    • Top 10 Contributor
    • Joined on 03-06-2007
    • Colorado
    • Posts 14,459

Re: What to do with Leftover baked potatoes?

I slice them thinly and fry them in a hot skillet something like hash browns. 

Community Facilitator

Printable Coupons!

Smartsource and MySavings
  • 02-26-2008 7:50 PM In reply to

• BEAN
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on 02-19-2008
    • Posts 122

Eat them LOL>.. I some times make twiced baked.. with cheese and bacon, or really anything i have in the house. Or potatoe pan cakes are yummy too....BEAN <><
  • 02-26-2008 9:44 PM In reply to

baked potato soup is always good!

My Family's Interests
  • 02-27-2008 9:18 AM In reply to

Dear Carmina, I mash the potato together with an egg (1 egg per large potato) & a undrained can of tuna.  I add dill & cayenne pepper.  I then fry the croquettes/patties.  Tastes very good.  (I generally use 3 potatoes & 3 eggs, to 1 full can -- 6 oz -- of tuna.)  Yours in Him, Deb

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Government & Charity Assistance

Proud guardian of Heart, a black female Miniature Poodle, a Psychiatric Service Dog

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, His courts with praise; give thanks to Him, bless His Name. (Psalm 100)

Yours in thrift, Deborah

• 02-27-2008 9:27 AM In reply to

Saute some chopped onion in butter. Shred the baked taters with a cheese grater over the onions. Press down with a spatula and turn every 3-5 minutes until crispy brown. This makes the best hash browns.

Peel the skins, mash, add butter, sour cream, shredded cheese, garlic, and whatever other items you like to make cheesy, garlic mashed taters. Heat in a baking dish or in the microwave.

Yum! I'm getting hungry for taters!

Erika
  • 03-01-2008 8:52 PM In reply to

HAVE YOU EVER DONE POTATO CANDY?

HAVE A COUPLE OF POWDERED SUGAR BAGS HANDY BECAUSE DEPENDING ON THE SIZE OF YOU POTATO IT SOAKS IT UP PRETTY FAST

1 POTATO (MASHED ) , KNEAD THE SUGAR INTO THE POTATO UNTIL IT'S FEELS DRY BUT PLIABLE. THEN ROLL IT OUT INTO A RECTANGLE (YOU MIGHT NEED TO "FLOUR" THE TABLE WITH POWDER SUGAR SO THE POTATO DOUGH WON'T STICK TO THE SURFACE.NEXT SPREAD PEANUT BUTTER ON TO YOUR POTATO DOUGH EVENLY. THEN VERY CAREFULLY JELLY ROLL THE DOUGH. CUT TO WHATEVER THICKNESS YOU WOULD LIKE. AND EAT. VERY DELICIOUS (IF YOU HAVE HAVE EVER EATEN ABAZABAS THIS TASTE SIMULAR TO IT) ONE POTATO MAKE QUITE A BIT OF CANDY  

• 03-02-2008 8:27 AM In reply to

• rolo
    • Top 50 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 04-04-2007
    • Michigan
    • Posts 1,928

I use them as filler in homemade soup, or for American fries--slice and fry with some onion, or for the tuna cakes like Deb suggested--those are VERY tasty. 

Lorrie

"People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost." ~~ Dalai Lama XIV -

• 03-02-2008 4:25 PM In reply to

Either peel or not, your preference, slice to your preference too, fry in a skillet, with either canola Oil or if you aren't worried about the colesteral, then use some butter.  Fry till brown, and we in WV call them "homefries." Oh yeah, with eggs for a nice homestyle breakfast, or with your supper with some meat, if you eat meat. I like them on a buttered slice of bread, like a sandwich but I was raised poor, can't you tell? LOL

You can put any ingredient in them, hot peppers, onions, bacon, some folks like to add egg in them like scrambled eggs. I don't like my foods mixed up quite that much.  

...and may the Lord bless us, with all we need. AMEN
  • 03-03-2008 8:59 PM In reply to

I dice them and fry up in olive oil with minced onions for breakfast hash browns.  If there's a lot- I freeze them. 

Page 1 of 2 (20 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us