Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Painting kitchen Cabinets

Last post Tue, Jun 17 2014 10:11 PM by maxmiller. 10 replies.
Page 2 of 2 (11 items) < Previous 1 2
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Jun 17 2014 10:11 PM In reply to

Re: Painting kitchen Cabinets

Yes I did, But I didn't noticed that the cabinet door is not made of hard wood instead a liminated doubled layered plywood and that results chipping off some surfaces, and ended up like not good one to use. Even many suggestions came in like using molding, thick paints, or wood patches to cover up those damaged areas, still not a perfect one specially my wife is a meticulous type when it comes to furnishings. So ended up repairing the inner cabinet and have the door replaced instead, and thanks that we are just nearby Bay Area, San Francisco where many door stores are in there, we chose one that is bi-fold type, you can see this for the one we got.

There are cases, that you need some fine sanding of you cabinet, only if they are made of hardwood and also if you use fine sanding then a varnish polish afterwards.

Page 2 of 2 (11 items) < Previous 1 2

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us