Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Summer Clothes Shopping?

Last post Mon, Jul 22 2013 11:49 PM by tracyinmn. 26 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (27 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Wed, Jun 5 2013 9:12 PM

Summer Clothes Shopping?

Is anyone else here in need of some new summer clothing? Will you be setting a budget for new summer clothes? how much? What kinds of stores will you be shopping at and what types of clothing are you looking for? Do you find yourself attracted to certain colors and styles/etc. for summer clothes? What kinds? Any good recent sales and finds? Please share! Is it obvious I have lots of questions here in hopes of starting up a fun summer clothing thread??? Smile.
    I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • Wed, Jun 5 2013 9:20 PM In reply to

Re: Summer Clothes Shopping?

I need some new summer bottoms and tops really bad. It is SO hard to find bottoms that fit. I went to 2 stores today with no luck but DID score a really cute new pair of blue on blue sneakers at Old Navy for $12 on sale from $20! Thrift stores are a hit or miss due to size issues but I LOVE them and will always make attempts. In the summer I stick to pocket & cargo style capris, comfy tanks and teas and fun fitted button top tops to wear over if the weather cools at nice and I need something extra. ROSS use to be the really fun store to find great stuff at but the ones in our are just don't do it anymore. I had no luck there today, not even with houseware!
    I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • Wed, Jun 5 2013 10:20 PM In reply to

I went shopping about a month ago with DD. I needed some capris and a few tops. I found both at Kohl's. I usually only shop when I get a 30% off coupon in the mail. I spend alot of time in capris and t-shirts during the summer. I bought a few pairs of shorts at Costco. They were Tommy Hilfiger (sp) for 20 bucks a pair. I bought a pair last year and liked them so I went and got 2 more pairs this year.

Riley
  • Wed, Jun 5 2013 10:58 PM In reply to

Awesome Riley, sounds like you are building a nice summer wardrobe. What colors do you like for the summer?
  • Wed, Jun 5 2013 11:35 PM In reply to

BB,

I have just about every color of t-shirt you could imagine except purple, and the new neon colors that are so popular this year. My capris and shorts are jean, dark blue, tan, grey and white. I am pretty simple when it comes to my wardrobe. I buy for comfort.

Riley
  • Fri, Jun 7 2013 12:39 AM In reply to

Hi BB , I noticed I got some emails and flyers from stores I like, including JCPenny, that they are starting Father's Day sales. I didn't note the dates except for one, but thought you may want to check and see if what you are looking for is on sale! Have fun! Chris
  • Fri, Jun 7 2013 2:43 AM In reply to

• vivid
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 2 2013
    • Posts 594

I went shopping two days ago and bought a dress. The color is light green what i always loveStick out tongue

• Fri, Jun 7 2013 7:53 AM In reply to

I have been revamping my wardrobe this year. I have a few comfy cotton shorts, tees and tank tops that I can mix and match. I also have two newish thinner fabric shorts with longer legs that look nicer.

My big splurge was on shoes. I got a pair of Crocs. A cute pair from their sandal line. My next shoe splurge will be on Yellow Box flip flops.
    $ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Fri, Jun 7 2013 9:41 AM In reply to

I haven't gotten anything so far for summer except for a couple of work tops on clearance. I got four pairs of shorts last year that have held up to heavy use, so don't plan to get more. Of course if a good Kohls sale comes along I may change my mind. Jill
  • Fri, Jun 7 2013 10:21 AM In reply to

One pair new shorts in red (Old Navy sale)

New swimsuit (Old Navy Sale)

Skirt for work in floral print (Banana Republic coupon plus sale)

Sundress for upcoming wedding (and can wear to work with blazer or cardigan): local clothing store with 20% off coupon.

Pair of dress flats for work (Kohl's with 30% off coupon--also bought DD pair of sandals on that trip).

I set a clothing budget for myself of $100 for the summer and went over by a little bit ($19 over by my calculations). But my dad gave me some cash for mother's day and I used that for the sundress.

Last summer I bought a pair of quality sandals (Born brand) at TJ Maxx and 2 pair capri pants and those are in great condition. I am set on tops and tanks. I think I have plenty and shouldn't have to shop for more. BUT...I consigned clothes and need to check back on what sold/what didn't...and I usually find one or two things at the consignment store, sigh.

Erika
Page 1 of 3 (27 items) 1 2 3 Next >

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us