Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Homemade Smoothies

Last post Mon, May 20 2013 9:51 AM by mamasjob2. 14 replies.
Page 1 of 2 (15 items) 1 2 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sat, May 18 2013 10:28 PM

Homemade Smoothies

Homemade smoothies, yum! Here's one I found tonight, share your own great mixes.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/b-and-ls-strawberry-smoothie/
    $ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Sat, May 18 2013 10:35 PM In reply to

Re: Homemade Smoothies

This one looks good too.

http://www.food.com/recipe/strawberry-smoothie-41871
    $ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Sat, May 18 2013 10:48 PM In reply to

I like to use berries in my smoothies since they have a low amount of sugar and are packed with antioxidants. I freeze them, put a good amount of one type in the blender and some almond or soy milk (which soy milk isn't good for children to drink) and add my stevia for a sweetener, blend and I am done. Sometimes when I make the raspberry smoothie I put some cocoa powder in it too. I love the taste of chocolate and raspberries together. Silk also makes a soy cream if you want it to be thicker.....have fun....chris
  • Sat, May 18 2013 11:17 PM In reply to

I like green smoothies the best. I like to include superfoods in them as well. I have a nice list of super green smoothie ingredients to pick and chose from to create my perfect smoothie at that moment - things change up a lot. Yesterday's smoothie was fresh organic avocado/organic pure pineapple juice, organic raw coconut butter and 2 heaping handfuls of live organic sunflower sprouts.
    I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • Sat, May 18 2013 11:18 PM In reply to

Tussiemussie:
    I like to use berries in my smoothies since they have a low amount of sugar and are packed with antioxidants. I freeze them, put a good amount of one type in the blender and some almond or soy milk (which soy milk isn't good for children to drink) and add my stevia for a sweetener, blend and I am done. Sometimes when I make the raspberry smoothie I put some cocoa powder in it too. I love the taste of chocolate and raspberries together. Silk also makes a soy cream if you want it to be thicker.....have fun....chris

That sounds absolutely to-die-for. Can't wait to try this.

"The business of life is the acquisition of memories." --Mr. Carson
  • Sun, May 19 2013 12:55 AM In reply to

Tussie, have you tried raw cacao (real raw chocolate, what processed chocolate/powders start from before they are processed/altered - the cacao bean "ka-cow" not cocoa products) before? It's a super food and the antioxidant value is TRIPLE the amount you get in cocoa powder. Cacao nibs are great for smoothies. If you like cocoa powder which is bitter in nature you would love cacao... it's bitter and sweet and adds a beautiful boost of nutrients to smoothies with a nice real chocolate flavor! Read more, a little goes a LONG ways... I use to use it a lot in my raw vegan shakes and desserts but it would also really get me "high" and cause increase heart due to caffeine which I have to watch in ALL forms due to past heart issues. This is why I do not do coffee lol Anyhow, just to have fun learning you can read more here: http://livesuperfoods.com/live-superfoods-raw-cacao-nibs.html
    I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • Sun, May 19 2013 12:58 AM In reply to

Just to show you a little comparison chart of the orac value of antioxidants in raw chocolate/cacao verse other high antioxidant foods... notice it's the top of the chart.
  • Sun, May 19 2013 2:36 AM In reply to

Wow, BB, what a powerhouse of antioxidants! Thank you so much for telling me about this. I guess you get it in the health food store. I too have an issue with caffeine, if I have some it can make my heart race a bit and then I cannot sleep. I will give it a whirl, sometimes if I have it in the AM it wears off mostly by bedtime. Sometimes I feel like I am spaced out on drugs. That is a shame that you cannot use caffeine either.... I know we were chatting about my diet, sorry it is taking me so long to get back to you but I will very soon. Thanks again BB!
  • Sun, May 19 2013 2:38 AM In reply to

Loveday:

Tussiemussie:

That sounds absolutely to-die-for. Can't wait to try this.

Hi Loveday, when you try it just make sure you don't put too much cocoa powder in it! :). Chris
  • Sun, May 19 2013 9:06 AM In reply to

Tussie, I am a powerhouse of nutritional info LOL and sometimes I get scared to speak up and say things about certain super foods and things I know are beyond basic nutrition because well either folks may not get it/understand, want to hear it or pull the health nut card on me and start stink so I am very happy you enjoyed this info. I have been waiting weeks to hear back from you and check daily to see if you responded so I can help but have not heard from you. Thank you for pointing out you were busy, I thought maybe you just didn't want help anymore and I was not going to push it. Sometimes folks change their minds so I never know. I am glad you are still motivated... no rush... get back to me when YOU can. I will get back to you quickly as I can, will take some thinking time to go over what I read and direct from there.
Page 1 of 2 (15 items) 1 2 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us