Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

The Dollar Stretcher Community has a new home!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

Please contact Brandy@stretcher.com for questions about these forums.

Celebrating Mother's Day

Last post Fri, May 10 2013 2:04 AM by vivid. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Mon, May 6 2013 12:11 PM

Celebrating Mother's Day

What special things are you doing for Mom?
    $ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Tue, May 7 2013 10:59 AM In reply to

Re: Celebrating Mother's Day

I won't be seeing Mom this Mother's Day, but I'm sending her flowers, thanks to a gift card to the florist DH won in a raffle. Will be seeing her the first weekend in June, when we go up to PA to celebrate my grandma's 100th birthday, and I'll have a couple of small gifts I've been collecting to give her then.

Also sending MIL flowers for Mother's Day, but we'll be seeing her this Sunday and probably going out to lunch with her and the rest of the extended in-law family.Big Smile

"The business of life is the acquisition of memories." --Mr. Carson
  • Tue, May 7 2013 1:54 PM In reply to

• map578
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on Tue, Oct 25 2011
    • Posts 462

My daughter is having me over for dinner. I will bring a greek salad. A gift for my mil I am not sure yet maybe a couple of outdoor hanging plants her other 4 children buy flowers which reminds her of a funeral so that is out. Why I know this I am not sure but I know she doesn't like a house full of them.

• Wed, May 8 2013 11:28 AM In reply to

Happy Mother's Day this Sunday. We will be planning some nice time together outdoors this Sunday. We will be going on a special picnic lunch, checking out a new local farmer's market that looks really fun and having some pamper time after. I am having a special cake made for my Mom this year which will be a real treat for her and her favorite kind. I also picked up a few gifts for her to open. Instead of a bunch of little things I got her 3 really nice more expensive things that are high quality and will last her a longer time. I know she will make good use of them and be really happy especially because these things she would never buy herself as she feels she does not deserve to do so... so I had to step in, smile. Regardless though, it's not about the money or gifts at all my friends, it's about special love, time and respect to Mom however you can on Mom's day. Time together... a hand made card or gift... tons of hugs... a call on the phone and nice long chat - are all highly cherished. Brandy, how will you spend your Sunday?
    I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • Fri, May 10 2013 2:04 AM In reply to

• vivid
    • Top 100 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Sat, Mar 2 2013
    • Posts 594

Back to home and spend the whole day with mom.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)

The Dollar Stretcher has a new community!

Feel free to read the great frugal living tips, ideas and discussions readers and community members have posted here. But if you'd like to post something or start a discussion, please click here to go over to our new community site and create an account.

About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us