Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Pressure cooking and canning

Last post Thu, Jul 18 2013 11:59 AM by sunflower nice. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Tue, Apr 30 2013 10:49 AM

Pressure cooking and canning

It has come to my attention that pressure cooking is over 300 years old, and that pressure canning was in full swing before the first mass-market aluminum canner was marketed in 1915. This means that American homemakers, mostly women, have canned for over a century without ever using this household tool for a weapon of mass destruction. Attay'all! Let no one disrespect you.
  • Thu, May 2 2013 9:35 AM In reply to

Re: Pressure cooking and canning

I didn't realize that pressure canning was that old. I have to pressure canners and use them a lot. It is horrible that something like that can be used to kill people. My DH read that about a store that isn't going to sell them because of the Boston bombing. That's not the answer to stop these attacks. BAbs

• Thu, May 2 2013 1:06 PM In reply to

when I do canning class the horrible stories I here about pressure canning or cooking  people tell horror stories a MOM or Aunt or cousin and re doing the kitchen then after we do the pressure cooker part  I get more questions about pressure canning  Dh gets alot  questions about wives using a canner ,,,  every so often I use the kitchen in the churdh ( we brought the stoves and pay the bills)  I tell people that I am going to be at the church if they want to come  and work on their canning problems ...

I use my pressure cooker alot I love it for some pieces of meat ... and I use it to make beans in a hurry  I use my pressure cookers all the time ,

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Thu, Jul 18 2013 11:59 AM In reply to

i don't know that pressure cooking has a long time like this, so suprised. the household of the women in the past seem to be like with now but the form gas allitle different.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us