Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Defrosted Freezer Jam Safety?

Last post Fri, Apr 12 2013 11:39 PM by retired. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Thu, Apr 11 2013 9:58 PM

Defrosted Freezer Jam Safety?

Easter weekend I freezer pulled freezer jam I had made and froze.

We did not use it all. It's been sitting in tupperware in my fridge since then.

How long will it last at this point?

I went to a website that suggested 3-4 weeks for defrosted freezer jam storage.

This seems a bit long of a stretch. What do you think???

I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • Fri, Apr 12 2013 2:57 PM In reply to

Re: Defrosted Freezer Jam Safety?

Jam is fruit, sugar and some type of petin so there isnt a lot to go bad. Jam that isnt moldy or extremely runny should be fine to eat.  It certainly needed the refrig so wisdom to keep it in there. The other thing that I do with all jam or jelly is to make sure that other foods dont get in the jars. Example is making a peaunt butter/jelly sandwich. Iuse two different knifes and make sure there is no cross contamination in the jars. Babs

• Fri, Apr 12 2013 3:27 PM In reply to

Thank you Babs. I will monitor it and you have good advice here about not crossing it with other things. Thank you so much. It is failed jam that turned more into a syrup and I pulled it for our waffles on Easter... still have some left.

I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • Fri, Apr 12 2013 8:22 PM In reply to

BB I remember when you made the jam. If you eat ice cream, it might be good as a topping. I had some raspberry that did that . I also used it on cheesecake as the topping. Babs
  • Fri, Apr 12 2013 11:39 PM In reply to

I'm am so tired that I read that as a topping for CHEESEBURGERS! lol.

retired

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us