Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Panic over more cuts

Last post Sun, Apr 21 2013 1:13 AM by Sea. 26 replies.
Page 1 of 3 (27 items) 1 2 3 Next >
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Fri, Apr 5 2013 11:37 PM

• Sea
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 24 2013
    • Posts 874

Panic over more cuts

I learned today that Congress is not only cutting Medicare and Medicaid, it is also cutting Section 8 subsidies. Last year, mine was cut by one-third. There will be a rent increase, too. I can't even eat, thinking of just how I can make it through this. And the cuts will be progressive over the next years.

I got home at 8 tonight from having more blood tests, an MRI and ultrasound and X-rays. This was the last thing I needed tonight.

I have no control over these, as does anyone else, but it is enough to make me feel like giving up.

Any advice for getting out of this head space of panic and hopelessnes? I feel so vulnerable, and so I am, along with the rest of us.

• Sat, Apr 6 2013 2:02 AM In reply to

Re: Panic over more cuts

Hi Sea, I am so sorry that what is happening in the government is effecting you and that it is so upsetting. I always find if I can make a plan I feel better. How about going over to The Simple Living Forums by the new road discovery and look around. They did just have a thread on below the line eating which may be helpful. Start a post explaining your situation and not only will you get ideas from here but you will get a lot there too. Try to have courage and faith right now if you have a religion maybe read some things in the bible or sings some songs of promises of your church. There will be a way to manage and you are on the road now for finding the answer. You WILL find an answer. Writing a plan on paper always helps me. If you belong to a church do they have a food pantry? Can you go to thrift shops for what you need? Btw, if you buy anything from there freeze it for24 hrs. Then wash it with tea tree oil in the washer water to kill any potential bed bugs which are an epidemic in our part of the country --NJ. Don't give up there will be a way, being so stressed is not good for your health. Maybe your tests will come back okay. I hope so. Go on over to The Simple Living Forums by the new road discover and I will see you over there too... God Bless, Christine
  • Sun, Apr 7 2013 2:09 AM In reply to

• Sea
    • Top 100 Contributor
    • Joined on Sun, Feb 24 2013
    • Posts 874

What a kind post, Christine, thank you so much. I cannot get to the food shelves because of no transportation, same with thrift shops (seldom - I may get a ride now and then).

I will take a look at Simple Living. 

Just having a response helped my mood so much!

• Sun, Apr 7 2013 9:20 AM In reply to

All my love and support dear.

You have wrote in the past about friends who drive and have taken you shopping. Do you think one would be willing to take you to get food at the resource relations that require driving? How far are these sources of help? You said no transportation, what about a friend? If gas is an issue can you barter helping them with something in exchange?

I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • Sun, Apr 7 2013 10:07 AM In reply to

I think many people are feeling worried. Its getting harder and I certaintly don't see an end to it soon. There isn't an easy answer here, we can all just hang in there best we can.
    $ Dollar Stretcher Community Manager $
  • Sun, Apr 7 2013 10:47 AM In reply to

Sea:
    Any advice for getting out of this head space of panic and hopelessnes? I feel so vulnerable, and so I am, along with the rest of us.

When I am feeling this way, I find that reading about the lilies in the field, & the sparrows in the scriptures always makes me feel calmer.  I don't know who would be able to help you, but the Lord does.  If you ask Him, He will guide you to them.

• Sun, Apr 7 2013 10:30 PM In reply to

everyone is worried about this people are calling everywhere to find out what it means to them 

one man called our help line his medicine not covered anymore so now they are faced with cutting somewhere else .. 

scares me to dearth ..

Gayla57

Officially Recognized Stretchpert in Frugal Food and Cooking and in Slow Cooker Foods

• Sun, Apr 7 2013 11:20 PM In reply to

Sea, I wrote a post with some ideas for you and it seems to be gone. What happened!
  • Mon, Apr 8 2013 12:48 AM In reply to

• itsmi
    • Top 500 Contributor
    • Joined on Thu, Jul 5 2007
    • Posts 126

Sea,

Sorry to hear that this is affecting you to this degree. (((HUGS)))

Don't give up.  Take a deep breath.  Try to take it one day at a time.

Bartering sounds like a good idea to trade for transportation to the food bank and other places.

I barter with my homemade cupcakes and brownies.

Mary

MaryB

http://marysdepressionerarecipes.blogspot.com/
  • Mon, Apr 8 2013 9:03 PM In reply to

Sea:

I learned today that Congress is not only cutting Medicare and Medicaid, it is also cutting Section 8 subsidies. Last year, mine was cut by one-third. There will be a rent increase, too. I can't even eat, thinking of just how I can make it through this. And the cuts will be progressive over the next years.

I got home at 8 tonight from having more blood tests, an MRI and ultrasound and X-rays. This was the last thing I needed tonight.

I have no control over these, as does anyone else, but it is enough to make me feel like giving up.

Uh oh you too I have been hit in the belly with medicare and medicaide too.. But you this is a double ouch I will think of you and if I ever complain about it then we both have something to sing the blues O'ed to medicare by cheapskate and sissy.  

P.s. my words of advice hang in there just hang on those kitties need you.

Cindy ---
Page 1 of 3 (27 items) 1 2 3 Next >
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us