Welcome to Dollar Stretcher Community Sign in | Join | Help
in Search

Yummy Leftover Easter Ham Ideas?

Last post Sun, Mar 31 2013 3:05 PM by BargainBistro. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • Sun, Mar 31 2013 11:09 AM

Yummy Leftover Easter Ham Ideas?

What are your favorite ways to enjoy your leftover Easter ham? any yummy casserole ideas?
    I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • Sun, Mar 31 2013 12:14 PM In reply to

Re: Yummy Leftover Easter Ham Ideas?

Ham and potato casserole. Ham and beans. Ham biscuits. Ham with scrambled eggs and other veggies. Just a few ways we'll be enjoying it this week!!
    Officially Recognized Stretchpert in the General forum
  • Sun, Mar 31 2013 2:05 PM In reply to

• Elsi
    • Top 150 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on Thu, Nov 12 2009
    • TX, USA
    • Posts 503

One stand-by here is Mac & Cheese with Ham & Peas.  Make macaroni & cheese using whatever package or recipe is your favorite.  Then stir in diced ham and a couple of cups of green peas.  (We use frozen peas, but canned ones would work too.)

I also adore ham loaf.  Grind the left-over ham and make it into a meatloaf with 1 pound ground meat (turkey or pork) -- again, using your usual combination of bread crumbs, eggs, milk, etc.  Season with salt and pepper only.  Bake for the usual one hour and then brush with a mustard and brown sugar glaze.

• Sun, Mar 31 2013 2:47 PM In reply to

Thanks for the suggestions folks! I know I will be using the bone for a yummy split pea soups. That's tradition with ham bone here. There will be just enough meat left to stretch for Monday's supper. I have a bunch of green chilis and thinking I might do a Mexican or breakfast casserole dish with them and the leftover ham. If that feels too heavy I may just do entree salads and use ham as the protein topping. A casserole or entree salad would be nice with the soup for sure.
    I am unable to delete my account. Therefore, I have signed out and will not be returning. Please do not contact me here, I will not get the message. God bless you all.
  • Sun, Mar 31 2013 3:01 PM In reply to

Throw it in potatoe soup

lentil soup

pea soup

ham hash

omlet

ham and potatoe cassarole with onion and brocole and some deli bacon in it

scambled eggs tomatoe w/ham

ham sandwhich

ham soup with navy beans in it

chrissanne
  • Sun, Mar 31 2013 3:05 PM In reply to

Mmm scrambled eggs, ham and buttered Australian biscuits were my favorite growing up... Dad use to make this with honey ham... oh how I miss that, that sounds so good right now... thanks Sissy, love all your fabulous ideas too.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
About Us    Privacy Policy    Writers' Guidelines     Sponsorship     Media    Contact Us